Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Think it's nailed on that SK's replacement will be female and from a dance music background.
Personally I'd like to see Huw Stephens given a crack but I can't see it happening.

I think he/she/they will also be younger. His 'Middle aged shoutout' feature has come back to bite him on the arse

What is it with droney, moany talk to music "songs" at the moment. That self esteem one they keep playing. Awful shite.
I really like Self Esteem and like that song but 6 are really overplaying it at the moment. I'm hearing it about 3 times a day and that just during working hours.

+1 to Self Esteem doing my head in. Talking songs can be good, but this just reminds me of better ones and is way over-played. Thankfully, I now tend not to listen to 6 Music daytime output non-stop, but I still hear that track too often.

feel like I've heard that naff Idles Gang of Four cover at least a dozen times this week.
never need to hear it again.
6 can be really bad at overplaying stuff on the playlist can't they.

I didn't even realise it was a cover until LL said it was Idles. What's the point of doing a cover that's practically identical to the original (to these ears anyway!)?

I'd rather have a DJ who knows their onions tell me about new releases than whatever spotify's opaque algorithms have decided / been paid to decide I might like.
I’d rather find music based on knowing my own onions than whatever a PR close to a Radio 6 DJ thinks I might like.

Gilles Peterson and Gideon Coe excepted: both excellent. But I barely listen to Radio 6 and would rather listen to my own playlists, because a) I spend a lot of time seeking out new music to listen to; and b) I don’t have to listen to myself talking shite all the way through them.

Radio listenership is always older than the proposed target market, at least it seems that way.

It'll be one of those women with a made up name. Jam superstar or the blooming maradonna.
Ay, no more SWM, they're for the scrapheap and don't fit the BBC diversity tickbox agenda

Back to my #shutthefuckup gripe.... the wonderful Gideon Coe is doing the Breakfast show for some bizarre reason (a plan to make him leave? Why else make him do 730-1030am and then 9-12midnight on the same day - bastards), but the man has just been chatting away through the last 30seconds or so of Little Sim's latest and this man never speaks over records. So I am now convinced that it is BBC policy for the earlier part of the day. Are listeners in the AM too bloody stupid and impatient to stay tuned if a track is played from beginning to end without a DJ rambling over the top of them? Seems that way.

Have you noticed how this daftly named 'Jamz Supernova' person puts on an exaggerated London accent when it suits? Bit naff that, but she's miles better than what's usually on.
She's New Cross born and bred IIRC...more likely lapsing from trying to be BBC back into her normal accent

Back to my #shutthefuckup gripe.... the wonderful Gideon Coe is doing the Breakfast show for some bizarre reason (a plan to make him leave? Why else make him do 730-1030am and then 9-12midnight on the same day - bastards), but the man has just been chatting away through the last 30seconds or so of Little Sim's latest and this man never speaks over records. So I am now convinced that it is BBC policy for the earlier part of the day. Are listeners in the AM too bloody stupid and impatient to stay tuned if a track is played from beginning to end without a DJ rambling over the top of them? Seems that way.
Maybe the coffee is stronger in the morning

I think last night or the night he said something about the show being prerecorded.

Back
Top Bottom