Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Good call. I fire up spotify at that point but I do like the company of radio, just not his company. I like the energetic youth of Jamz Supernova, she's a breath of fresh air. She has to be the youngest presenter by 20 years.
Sometimes it feels like Radio One, when it was all DLT, Simon Bates etc.

Listening to Ezra Thurman standing in for Riley and she’s playing some good tunes but the music all sounds like it’s being played on a potato. Same last night. Just retuned to another digital station and it’s fine. Weird.

Lauren Laverne is shit on the controls.
It has to be her as if it was an underling being so consistently cack, they would’ve been sacked and the clunky segues, clashing speech and poor timing in general wouldn’t have continued for the six odd years I’ve been listening.

Listening to Ezra Thurman standing in for Riley and she’s playing some good tunes but the music all sounds like it’s being played on a potato. Same last night. Just retuned to another digital station and it’s fine. Weird.
Done on a home laptop not studio. I think that'll be it. I like it, esp when it's the more garagey songs - the darlings one last night for example sounded fucking great as a result when it's not really.

Done on a home laptop not studio. I think that'll be it. I like it, esp when it's the more garagey songs - the darlings one last night sounded fucking great as a result when it's not really.

Yeah that makes sense. I did get a transistor radio vibe off it as well. Just couldn’t work out if it was me or the radio and when that sort of thing happens to my sounds I need to know why. Cheers.

She has been really good. I do like Riley but there have been some troughs during the lockdown shows (playing songs backwards is a late 80s trope that should have stayed there)..

John Grant is a superstar in my eyes regardless of what he does on 6.

She has been really good. I do like Riley but there have been some troughs during the lockdown shows (playing songs backwards is a late 80s trope that should have stayed there)..

John Grant is a superstar in my eyes regardless of what he does on 6.

Yeah I like John Grant, saw him and Furman at All Points East a couple of years ago. That was a decent day out, especially as it was a last minute spare ticket free jobby.

So was he sacked?

In my communications with him a couple of months ago when I suggested he quit and take in the joys of universal credit, he replied to me that he had a young family and a mortgage so I shouldn't wish that on anyone. Which is a fair enough point so I apologised. Let's hope he's off to Magic or something more suited to his talents and he can still pay that mortgage.

So was he sacked?

In my communications with him a couple of months ago when I suggested he quit and take in the joys of universal credit, he replied to me that he had a young family and a mortgage so I shouldn't wish that on anyone. Which is a fair enough point so I apologised. Let's hope he's off to Magic or something more suited to his talents and he can still pay that mortgage.

Are you taking him out for that pint then?

Radio X breakfast show? I’ve been subjected to that recently in our strictly analogue car as Absolute has gone fully digital. (It was the best of a bad bunch alright?) Chris Moyles is still a massive cunt and so is Johnny Vaughan.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I thought he was good in the mornings with that faux-grumpiness. Afternoon is just not right - that greatest hits half hour is rubbish too.

There aren't a lot of people in the current pool of possible replacements that would really get me listening again in the afternoon again. Huw Stephens? Nemone? Gemma Cairney (hope friggin not)?

Don't think Ravenscroft would take up a mainstream slot FT.

Radio X breakfast show? I’ve been subjected to that recently in our strictly analogue car as Absolute has gone fully digital. (It was the best of a bad bunch alright?) Chris Moyles is still a massive cunt and so is Johnny Vaughan.

That's where he started. I used to be subjected him to them then as well back in the day.

There aren't a lot of people in the current pool of possible replacements that would really get me listening again in the afternoon again. Huw Stephens? Nemone? Gemma Cairney (hope friggin not)?

Don't think Ravenscroft would take up a mainstream slot FT.

Maybe someone under 40?

Actually I just remembered I won tickets on his show on xfm for a series of gigs at the barbican where artists would play their top albums from start to finish. I've still got the poster from Cat Power's gig, where she played the covers record from back to front, and Patti Smith joined her for a bit too.

So. he's not all bad.

Back
Top Bottom