Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I've given up now. I can't take it anymore. As soon as I hear Keaveny's voice I have to switch off and 6 times out of ten when I turn it back on there's decent music playing. The other 4 he's hilariously talking away over a perfectly good song.

Can someone recommend me something with none of this bullshit? Yes, I have spotify, but the reason I listen to 6 is to be surprised by new music and old shit I might not have heard in ages rather than relying on my own brain for this.

I've given up now. I can't take it anymore. As soon as I hear Keaveny's voice I have to switch off and 6 times out of ten when I turn it back on there's decent music playing. The other 4 he's hilariously talking away over a perfectly good song.

Can someone recommend me something with none of this bullshit? Yes, I have spotify, but the reason I listen to 6 is to be surprised by new music and old shit I might not have heard in ages rather than relying on my own brain for this.
CDs/vinyl/mp3s

People these days are so passive and lazy. Get yourself some gumption and take responsibility for your own entertainment!

Spotify Discover Music playlist, Release Radar playlist, artist radio playlists are all good for new-to-you music.

During the day it's largely based on the playlists. Mogwai were quite pleased last week on their facebook:

181620557_328934925262534_7594118101545119844_n.jpg

But even then, the people selecting those have much better taste than me ;)

I don't know who the Blessed Madonna is, but she's playing some brilliant tunes tonight.

I usually switch off after Craig Charles, but glad I didn't tonight.

I don't know who the Blessed Madonna is, but she's playing some brilliant tunes tonight.

I usually switch off after Craig Charles, but glad I didn't tonight.

Quite a famous club DJ, used to be called the Black Madonna.

I usually switch off before Craig Charles. :D

Back
Top Bottom