Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

Kershaw Watch Day 732

Latest trailer for Legends in her own lunchtime says she is "rounding them" off with Alice Cooper.

Is it curtains for Kershaw, have the contractual obligations been fulfilled? Will she see a dazzling new career as cheeky northern music correspondent for GB News?

Stay tuned and find out.

They've actually managed to find someone even more fucking irritating than Keaveny, to fill in for Keaveny. Some twat called Huw Stephens... my god. Bring back Shaun please.

They've actually managed to find someone even more fucking irritating than Keaveny, to fill in for Keaveny. Some twat called Huw Stephens... my god. Bring back Shaun please.

Huw can be really good.....on Radio Cymru, where he hosted a strand called C2, a sort of self-contained 6Music for Welsh-language indie, rap, etc. He was adopted by Radio 1 for their own self-contained indie and alt sections, presumably to tick whatever box they have to tick.

I like him a lot, though his boundless English-language enthusiasm for talking needs to be rowed back a bit. I can see him as 6's replacement for Lamacq, they both inhabit the same sort of space, and if 6 was a touch more willing to play Welsh-language stuff they would have a good inter-connectivity between themselves, BBC Introducing, and Radio Cymru's current local music programmes.

Not exactly 6 Music connected, more radio 1 back in the day connected, but really enjoying re-discovering Chris Coco at the moment. If you get bored of 6 Music, go listen to his Melodica shows on Mixcloud. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom