Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

She was a guest DJ at an event I did the PA for a couple of years ago. Surprised us all when she turned up and actually did mix tunes together properly, rather than having a pre done CD like a lot of the celeb DJ’s do...

Proper laughing out loud at the Spice Girls/Aphex Twin mega mix. Amazing stuff.

Ah man I miss that part of the job. Last one I was on was a full B&W cinema rig (their big stuff), It had 6 subs. Testing was fun! :D
Got my first outdoor setup in a long time coming up on Wednesday at an athletics track. 4 ground stacks of L’Acoustics Kara. It’s only there for speech and atmosphere tunes but would be rude not to fully test it beforehand ;) :D

Is Tom Ravenscroft the best DJ on 6?

Yes, yes he is. No nonsense. Just a love of music, delivered in a beautiful deadpan way.
ha, I was just coming here to say this. R6 mostly leaves me cold, AND I hate nepotism, but I've caught Ravenscroft a few times recently and I always find myself noting down artists for purchase. Doesn't happen with anyone else on there.

Reactions: MBV
ha, I was just coming here to say this. R6 mostly leaves me cold, AND I hate nepotism, but I've caught Ravenscroft a few times recently and I always find myself noting down artists for purchase. Doesn't happen with anyone else on there.

I've never even heard him namedrop his old man. Imagine if Keaveny's dad was a national musical treasure. I'm fairly sure it would come up at least twice a show.

I've never even heard him namedrop his old man. Imagine if Keaveny's dad was a national musical treasure. I'm fairly sure it would come up at least twice a show.
I wouldn't know - I've not listened to Keaveny enough to have any impression of him at all. :cool:

He's done it in a roundabout way a couple of times, mentioned "going through my dad's records and finding this..." but he certainly doesn't wave it around. He's got excellent taste in music, definitely bought a few tunes after he's played them just like killer b, I bought a whole Yabby You & King Tubby album of the back of one track he played.

He's done it in a roundabout way a couple of times, mentioned "going through my dad's records and finding this..." but he certainly doesn't wave it around. He's got excellent taste in music, definitely bought a few tunes after he's played them just like killer b, I bought a whole Yabby You & King Tubby album of the back of one track he played.

I believe this is a small section of what he has to work with, lucky boy

johnpeelpruncut.jpg

I'm sure I was listening to Tom for at least a year before I realised he was his dad's son.
not like I didn't know the name, I've John's autobiography on a shelf and new his "real" surname.

Just caught the last 2 minutes of Kershaw's show with Gary Numan (is he still a tory?), sounds like she recorded her bit under the stairs. If the budget allocated to her show is any indication of her trajectory then she'll not be around much longer. Must be some contractual obligation to keep her on I reckon.

Back
Top Bottom