Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC6 Radio - comment, discussion and moans

I was never much of a fan, but have warmed to him since I’ve been working at home. You definitely have to be in the right mood to listen to him though :D
Yeah, this.

I'm not a big fan of Lauren Laverne, Mary Anne Hobbs is OK, but both play too much pop music. Then Keavney comes on, and it's a bit better. He's tied to the playlist, of course, which doesn't help him, but he's better than the morning DJs.

His replacement could be worse.

I think it'll be Cairney replacing him. I wonder what Matt Everitt will do. Is he staying? I've been listening to the cricket so have missed any proper announcements on the show.

If he moves to Radio 2 I might just follow. I'm usually a radio 6 or 4 person save for the odd Popmaster on catch up.

It’ll be someone already in the 6 music stable so maybe Jamz? She’s got the energy for it but will she enjoy being enclosed in a playlist for more than a week at a time?

I don’t think Nemone is the right choice, she’s too laid back. I know Keavney wasn’t exactly electric but he chatted and a lot of people like chat in the afternoon.

Orang Utan has my vote though. Will you take requests?

It’ll be someone already in the 6 music stable so maybe Jamz? She’s got the energy for it but will she enjoy being enclosed in a playlist for more than a week at a time?

I don’t think Nemone is the right choice, she’s too laid back. I know Keavney wasn’t exactly electric but he chatted and a lot of people like chat in the afternoon.

Orang Utan has my vote though. Will you take requests?
no requests

Yeah, this.

I'm not a big fan of Lauren Laverne, Mary Anne Hobbs is OK, but both play too much pop music. Then Keavney comes on, and it's a bit better. He's tied to the playlist, of course, which doesn't help him, but he's better than the morning DJs.

His replacement could be worse.

I think of Keaveny as more of an... um... comedian than someone who is into music. MAH has the best music head of the daytime DJs. LL has decent taste in music (I'm happy with dance/pop), but her patter is deeply annoying.

Please not Nemone!!!!!! Or Cairney. Although she wouldn't be so bad in the afternoon. Her enthusiasm in the morning when she is covering and I am waking up is too much.

I think of Keaveny as more of an... um... comedian than someone who is into music. MAH has the best music head of the daytime DJs. LL has decent taste in music (I'm happy with dance/pop), but her patter is deeply annoying.
Yeah, I get that. A bit like Radcliffe and Maconie? Didn't like them at all. I remember them actually saying something on air like "love to see your comments on twitter, folks! Not the ones that say "shut up and play some music" obviously, just the ones that like us". Comedy genius :facepalm: .

Back
Top Bottom