Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

Ok. Can we all talk about it now?

Yes. The man who has committed no criminal offence once made a fine documentary on the Llanelli riots of 1911 when the town rioted after having innocent men shot dead by the Worcestershire regiment during (actually after, which makes it worse) a strike by railwaymen.

It's called Llanelli Riots - Fire in the West

AND IS ACTUAL FUCKING NEWS

The parents of the 'young person' are the worst kind of filth on the fucking planet to sell all this to the S*n against the wishes of their child. I just can't even imagine.

They didn't sell it. They didn't take a penny. I would have chosen a different news outlet but apparently they felt neither the pigs or the bbc were doing anything about it.

As those that I exchanged PMs with will know, I was totally ignoring the story until my niece sent some messages on the family whatsapp group on Monday morning, they were basically -

1 - Twitter twats named six BBC presenters over the weekend, four had denied it was them, leaving only Graham Norton & Huw Edwards.

2 - She had listened to Norton doing his weekend breakfast shows on Virgin Radio, and knew it was owned by Murdoch and shared the 'News Building' with the likes of the Scum, Times, Talk TV and his other radio stations. She concluded that no one in that building wouldn't know who it was, and had it been Norton he would have been taken off-air, for fear of upsetting advertisers and Waitrose, the show's sponsor.

3 - This is still on the iPlayer for last Thursday -

Alex Jones and Roman Kemp speak to Sir Lenny Henry about his children’s book. Huw Edwards and Katya Adler tell us what we can expect from this year’s BBC Proms. Plus, Steve Backshall on sea creatures.

He's the only presenter on a six figure salary that was due to appear as a guest on the One Show and as host of the News at Ten last Thursday, and without any explanation didn't appear, nor has he appeared on TV since. .

I was like 'WOW', that all makes sense, I was 90%+ sure she had it right, the only doubt being they hadn't officially suspended him until Sunday, then yesterday's statement about first speaking to him on Thur., and agreeing he should not be on air whilst they investigated.

Since then there's been reports of South Wales police meeting with the BBC & Met to compare notes on the case, and Edwards is from south Wales. LINK

I've been impressed with her work, I think she was bored when her new baby was sleeping, she doesn't do twitter and none of this was from social media, just google searches, so I joked she should get a job as a private investigator. :D

Will be curious to see just how much The Sun/Murdoch have overreached on this one.

Does seem to be a fair amount of blowback, including, it seems from at least a few who would normally be on their side of the argument.

Live in hope, but feel it's likely the blowback will blow over soon enough, sadly.

<edit: they may well also consider their aims met anyway>

Dont you just hate that scummy shitrag mis-named the Sun (which has never illuminated anything out of principles of decency - only for money and the pursuit of power by the already powerful) Yet again people have been played and the end result is ever greater reaction at a time when reaction is becoming more and more politically dangerous. Shaking head slowly..

I’ve no sympathy for him. I’ve much sympathy for his wife and family. Sounds like they’re being left to carry the can while he conveniently goes to the hospital.

I dunno about 'convenient'. It's fair to say the guy's morals are different from mine but I'd not wish a mental health crisis on anyone. His wife is supportive and she probably knows him better than we do and has much more of a stake in this so...

Personally I feel sorry for his wife and family, but not for him, the creepy cunt was targeting young adults in their late teens and early 20s, pressuring them to meet up, using his 'fame' and flashing his cash about.

Bang out of order for any man in their 60s, let alone someone in his position, pocketing around £450k a year from the licence fee payers.

Having said that, the Scum can go to hell.

Presume he wasn't this young persons only client. Did they just report him thinking his fame would make something happen?

Back
Top Bottom