Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

BBC presenter Huw Edwards suspended over paying for sexual pics.

I really don't know how someone can read the messages related to these latest allegations and consider them 'damning'.

Am increasingly with bimble on this. In the name of protecting young people this discourse is actually just infantilising them and denying them agency.

Lots of people asking why the Sun won't name him - I understand that it's due to recent legal rulings about privacy. But also I think the Sun is using this case to try to defeat those rulings - hyping it up to make it look ridiculous that he's not being named. Those privacy rulings are a threat to their business after all.

Well he clearly knew the kid in the messages was underage. I mean the kid told him in those messages.

The Whatsapp exchanges over on The Sun are pretty damning. I mean the kid (a different one), in amongst the love hearts and kisses asks whether he should apply to be on the BBC School News Report (which is only open to people under 16). I won't link to the rag.
What's wrong with that? Are people not allowed to respond to under 18s?

So it's not the Krankies then?
How very dare you. I'm outraged and full of righteous wrath. Delete your post forthwith! I know what I've seen!
SWAT teams are heading for Urban75 Towers right now and the Krankies legal team are going to swamp the forum.

Reactions: tim
Of course there's always the possibility that "that photo" is faked... I mean we might all be squabbling over a shop job. So there's that in the mix as well. Something something simulacra something something Baudrillard. #intellectual

Of course it's faked!

How very dare you. I'm outraged and full of righteous wrath. Delete your post forthwith! I know what I've seen!
SWAT teams are heading for Urban75 Towers right now and the Krankies legal are going to swamp the forum.
Sorry. Is that because it is the Krankies or because it's not the Krankies?

What's wrong with that? Are people not allowed to respond to under 18s?

His opening message was a love heart. I mean I'm pretty shit at internet dating so maybe I should take notes. Although I do tend to set my age filters to something slightly closer to my own age (ie, not 40 years different) :D

His opening message was a love heart. I mean I'm pretty shit at internet dating so maybe I should take notes. Although I do tend to set my age filters to something slightly closer to my own age (ie, not 40 years different) :D
My understanding was that this message was openly on social media, not an internet dating site.

I’ve been texting a teenager recently, (he’s the son of a friend, he’s is into coding and might want to help me with some tech stuff for work). Am cringingly aware that my emoji use must be laughable to him & that’s all I see when I look at this latest ‘story’, an old person doing crap texting, just like me.

IF YOU LIKE A STORY ON INSTRAGAM IT SENDS A HEART

My understanding was that this message was openly on social media, not an internet dating site.

I don't use Instagram. But I assume you can private message, which it sounds like this was.

Speaking from their home, they added: “I was surprised he had messaged me out of the blue but was excited as I knew who he was.

"He sent a love heart emoji to me and I was taken aback.

“Looking back now at my reply I can tell I did not think anything of it because of my age.

“I was just thinking of it innocently because I had a keen interest in their line of work.

“I replied to the love-heart emoji he sent and asked how it was going at the BBC.

“He replied saying it was good and he used a kiss [x] at the end of his message.

“I did think it was a little strange that he used a kiss at the end but, ultimately, I was not reading into these messages in that way and so did not think more about it at the time.”

Following the teenager’s reply, the presenter went back with another message and continued the conversation.

The youngster, who is now 22 and holds down a successful job, added: “After my reply, he then asked me if I was OK.

“After he sent it he sent me another love heart emoji.

"I asked why he was asking after me and he said he was just being polite and put another kiss at the end.”

The conversation continued intermittently, with the young person messaging the telly veteran sporadically after their first contact.

'Angry and keen to play long' from what Jeremy Vine said about the person.. I can see why ...In real terms seems to being hung for a lamb rather than a sheep and for activities during a period when the world was upside down..However is sleazy enough to be incompatible with his role.

I’d also bet a small sum of money the BBC get low hundreds of complaints about celebrities every week.
I wonder how many they do get.

There's probably enough that the HR department has a special section dedicated to dealing with them

Last edited:
Just been reading the bloke's bio.

I'm looking forward to the volte-face by posters on this thread when they find out that he's a proper hard-core leftie! :D

Just been reading the bloke's bio.

I'm looking forward to the volte-face by posters on this thread when they find out that he's a proper hard-core leftie! :D

Who cried at the Queen dying? Maybe not that hardcore eh.

He has made a couple of really good documentaries.

Back
Top Bottom