Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Bands you refuse to listen to because their name is awful

Blue Rondo a La Turk

How many of you remember the name of their song without googling. Mm mm mm mm ah

Are we talking about Aye Yiy Yiy (no idea how to actually spell that word apart from phonetically) Moussey (...again, not a clue)?

Kiss the Anus of a Black Cat (yes, really!) have a new album out. They're actually not terrible - similar-ish to Current 93. The name is apparently some nonsense to do with paganism.

King Gizzard and the Wizard Lizard

Just what?
I heard one of their tracks last night and they’re really good. And I just discog’ed them and it turns out I know one of the two producers behind the moniker. He has a daft sense of humour so it’s deffo not as serious name. Though I prefer another alias of one of his collabs - Voices Of The Lake - very fitting name that reflects the music perfectly

Smash Hits must have had a junior member of staff listening to the record and then just having a stab at the lyrics. They were often wrong, Curry and kippers for breakfast anyone? (Supertramp)

I've said it before and probably will again, the only purpose of a band name (or a stage name, if yer a solo) is to be memorable - especially to drunk, stoned, wasted gig goers who've never heard of you. The worst band names are the ones you forget because they're unremarkable IMO

Smash Hits must have had a junior member of staff listening to the record and then just having a stab at the lyrics. They were often wrong, Curry and kippers for breakfast anyone? (Supertramp)
I remember them printing the lyrics to Steve ‘Silk’ Hurley’s Jack Your Body, which I found very amusing. They were a very funny magazine.

Back
Top Bottom