Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

how many cities do you think there were where the americans had two women with fully checkable identities, families, friends, careers and histories secretly acting as agents with the aim of tricking julian assange into raping them on the off chance he happened to be in town?
It's not the likelihood that this happened that he's even questioning - it's that someone accused of rape should not have to face trial if they think that they are innocent. This is possibly the maddest stuff i have ever heard on here.

It's not the likelihood that this happened that he's even questioning - it's that someone accused of rape should not have to face trial if they think that they are innocent. This is possibly the maddest stuff i have ever heard on here.
Quite - a bloke I knew who was falsely accused of rape* wasn't worried about having to appear in court because as far as he was concerned it was the only way in which he could officially clear his name. Come the day of the trial, the judge threw the case out.

*Before anyone shouts me down on this, he wasn't physically able to do what the young woman said he'd done in the way which she said he'd done it.

Don't misrepresent me, please. I was very clear.

If he's sure he's being fitted up and that there isn't anyone out there that thinks she has been raped by him, and he believes that if he goes to Sweden something bad will happen to him, he should still go? Do you really think that?

that is pretty clear, if he doesnt think he raped anyone he shouldnt have to go to sweden

that is pretty clear, if he doesnt think he raped anyone he shouldnt have to go to sweden
No, there is more to it than that - if he believes there is a plot to get him and that 'something bad will happen to him', such as him being bundled off to the US, which is what he says he fears will happen.

No, there is more to it than that - if he believes there is a plot to get him and that 'something bad will happen to him', such as him being bundled off to the US, which is what he says he fears will happen.
I can't believe you think that this has any bearing whatsoever on whether he should go to Sweden to face charges or not. I literally find it impossible to reconcile you holding this position with what I've learnt about you over the last 6 years or so I've spent here. WTF man. WTF.

I can't believe you think that this has any bearing whatsoever on whether he should go to Sweden to face charges or not. I literally find it impossible to reconcile you holding this position with what I've learnt about you over the last 6 years or so I've spent here. WTF man. WTF.
If he genuinely believes that this is a plot and he'll be bundled off to the US if he is extradited to Sweden, he would be a bit mad not to resist it with all his might, no? That's all I'm saying.

If he genuinely believes that this is a plot and he'll be bundled off to the US if he is extradited to Sweden, he would be a bit mad not to resist it with all his might, no? That's all I'm saying.
I can understand that he'd think so. I can't understand that you'd salute him doing so.

The opportunity for Assange to bravely use knowledge of plots and risks was before he got his dick out. He didnt, and he ignored multiple people who tried to advise him of the risks on this front.

Its no good trying to play that game after the event. No good for the alleged victims, for the concept of justice and openness, for his own name or for wikileaks the organisation. But thats the game he chose to play, and that some still buy into. Shameful.

What is there not to know? He's facing rape charges. He refuses to face them. Do you condone or condemn this?
I can think of three possibilities:

1. He's lying his face off about this being part of a conspiracy to get him.

2. He has let his paranoia get the better of him and he believes that this is part of a conspiracy to get him, but in reality it is just what it is being presented to be by the Swedish authorities.

3. This is part of a conspiracy to get him. He's been set up and has real reason to fear that nasty things will happen to him if he goes to Sweden.

1. might be true. 2. might be true, after all, he can be sure that there really are forces out to get him, so it would not be surprising if he started to become paranoid. And 3. might be true, after all, there really are forces out to get him - we can be pretty sure of that. I don't feel able to make a proper judgement about the likelihood of each possibility.

Does this special treatment of the accused extend to all accused? What about the victims? Are their claims to have at least equal weight? How many times have you waffled on about the rule of law on here?
Just to remind you of the last time you made a weird statement like that. It was on the Jimmy Savile thread, on which you were having a go at me for taking the accusations against Savile seriously.

I can think of three possibilities:

1. He's lying his face off about this being part of a conspiracy to get him.

2. He has let his paranoia get the better of him and he believes that this is part of a conspiracy to get him, but in reality it is just what it is being presented to be by the Swedish authorities.

3. This is part of a conspiracy to get him. He's been set up and has real reason to fear that nasty things will happen to him if he goes to Sweden.

1. might be true. 2. might be true, after all, he can be sure that there really are forces out to get him, so it would not be surprising if he started to become paranoid. And 3. might be true, after all, there really are forces out to get him - we can be pretty sure of that. I don't feel able to make a proper judgement about the likelihood of each possibility.

so just in case lets call the victims liars and let assange go, is that what you're saying?

I think it would be easier for the US to get their hands on Assange from Britain, we have a friendly extradition arrangement with the US. They could have applied to get him from here. And if they were conspiring, still, they could perhaps get the Swedish request quashed so they could have first dibs.

how many cities do you think there were where the americans had two women with fully checkable identities, families, friends, careers and histories secretly acting as agents with the aim of tricking julian assange into raping them on the off chance he happened to be in town?

At a rough guess I'd say about 10,000.

The USA has deep cover agents ın pretty much every major cıty ın the world.

Back
Top Bottom