Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

phildwyer said:
If you serıously belıeve those are the (alleged) actıons of whıch he ıs sufferıng the consequences you are an extremely daft person.

I believe that he should have answered the allegations rather than running away (to a country that has an extradition treaty with the US). And I believe that the more he says and does the guiltier it makes him look.

Especially.

Did you really post that?

What about if the woman really thinks she was raped?
If he's sure he's being fitted up and that there isn't anyone out there that thinks she has been raped by him, and he believes that if he goes to Sweden something bad will happen to him, he should still go? Do you really think that?

If he's sure he's being fitted up and that there isn't anyone out there that thinks she has been raped by him, and he believes that if he goes to Sweden something bad will happen to him, he should still go? Do you really think that?
Er...what if there is a woman who thinks she has been raped by him. You know, the actual situation.

If he knows he's being fitted up, I can see why he would do everything he possibly can to avoid going to Sweden.
Can you answer the question? This glib little trick is not good enough. I asked you if you think he should go to sweden to answer the rape and other charges, not what he would do if he thinks something.

Maybe news of this rape allegation might change lbj's mind - then again, he bailed when it was brought up last time. (Which makes his not knowing a bit hmmmm)

I'd say the rape allegation is a little less extraordinary than his plot allegation. Meaning, if he's got any balls he'd face the charges.
You don't believe him. Fine. I find his allegation at least plausible. So to answer butchersapron's question, I don't know. I don't know whether or not he's being fitted up.

I'd say the rape allegation is a little less extraordinary than his plot allegation. Meaning, if he's got any balls he'd face the charges.
The quality of the claim is not what should be talked about - that it is being claimed is what is key.

(lbj runs through thread to skim read his own posts, ignores everyone else)

You don't believe him. Fine. I find his allegation at least plausible. So to answer butchersapron's question, I don't know. I don't know whether or not he's being fitted up.
I didn't ask you that - i did ask you not to offer glib cowardly get outs.

Does this special treatment of the accused extend to all accused? What about the victims? Are their claims to have at least equal weight? How many times have you waffled on about the rule of law on here?

Doesn't matter if I believe him or not. He's a coward plain and simple, for running away from rape charges.
The quality of the claim is not what should be talked about - that it is being claimed is what is key.

(lbj runs through thread to skim read his own posts, ignores everyone else)
Fair point.

I didn't ask you that - i did ask you not to offer glib cowardly get outs.

Does this special treatment of the accused extend to all accused? What about the victims? Are their claims to have at least equal weight? How many times have you waffled on about the rule of law on here?
I now have no idea what you're on about. It's not glib or cowardly - it's quite a straightforward answer. You asked me whether Assange should go to Sweden. I answered 'I don't know, depends whether he really is being fitted up or not'. As for me waffling on about the rule of law, you've lost me.

I now have no idea what you're on about. It's not glib or cowardly - it's quite a straightforward answer. You asked me whether Assange should go to Sweden. I answered 'I don't know, depends whether he really is being fitted up or not'. As for me waffling on about the rule of law, you've lost me.
Answer this then - why should Assange's claim that he's the victim of a plot take precedence over this woman's claim that she was raped?

how many cities do you think there were where the americans had two women with fully checkable identities, families, friends, careers and histories secretly acting as agents with the aim of tricking julian assange into raping them on the off chance he happened to be in town?

Back
Top Bottom