Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Assange to face extradition

Viraj Mendis managed two years - albeit in a church rather than an embassy. Could be the UK record holder

BBC website must be badly arranged/ archived.

Nah. The culprit is the "Most Popular" box near bottom right. It throws up weird shit because people do weird shit. Someone links a decade-old skateboarding dog from 4chan, up it comes... and people don't read the date, because it's "on the front page".

Perhaps they should stick the date alongside the link to demostrate that weird shit is happening.

New lows, see how far they will stoop. Who needs your enemies to undermine support when you are so good at soiling yourself?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2012/sep/13/wikileaks-benghazi-attack-julian-assange
WikiLeaks has been accused of crass self-centredness after it intimated that its founder Julian Assange's current refuge inside the Ecuadorean embassy in London in part explained or even justified Wednesday's attack on the US diplomatic mission in Benghazi which killed the ambassador, Chris Stevens, and three other Americans.
A post on the official WikiLeaks Twitter feed, which is generally presumed to be operated by Assange, read: "By the US accepting the UK siege on the Ecuadorian embassy in London it gave tacit approval for attacks on embassies around the world."

Its a good thing I have a fair grip on the more fanciful side of my imagination, otherwise I'd be starting to suspect there was a new way to fall on your sword without actually dying. "Do not kill me oh superpower, I will not grovel publicly before you but I will discredit myself more effectively than your smears and showtrials could. I will neuter myself and become a useful idiot that serves your cause. You have nothing to fear from me, I am just another actor and Im not really looking to usurp the director'.

Its a good thing I have a fair grip on the more fanciful side of my imagination, otherwise I'd be starting to suspect there was a new way to fall on your sword without actually dying. "Do not kill me oh superpower, I will not grovel publicly before you but I will discredit myself more effectively than your smears and showtrials could. I will neuter myself and become a useful idiot that serves your cause. You have nothing to fear from me, I am just another actor and Im not really looking to usurp the director'.

I too have had to stop myself wondering how the CIA inserted Assange into WikiLeaks :)

Although the lucky bastards are not having to pay the full amount they originally put up as surety for Assange, as the Judge took pity on their "financial circumstances" and honourable intentions. It looks like they will only have to pay 60% or so of the full amount. Quite how anyone who can afford to put up £20k can plead poverty to the court is beyond me, especially when Assange was a known risk for absconding.

Tricia David £10,000
Caroline Evans £15,000
Joseph Farrell £3500
Sarah Harrison £3500
Phillip Knightley £15,000
Sarah Saunders £12,000
Vaughan Smith £12,000
John Sulston £15,000
Tracy Worcester £7500

Full judgement here: http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/Resources/JCO/Documents/Judgments/sureties-julian-assange-08102012.pdf

Not the smartest post, given that he's suing for what you've just repeated.
I don't think Galloway will sue anyone - it's just sabre rattling in my opinion. He hasn't got a hope of winning IMO and if you read the news reports carefully you'll see nowhere does it actually say he will sue. Also the NUS haven't had any formal contact from him. I think he's allowed the story to get out to save a bit of face and hope it all blows over...

I don't think Galloway will sue anyone - it's just sabre rattling in my opinion. He hasn't got a hope of winning IMO and if you read the news reports carefully you'll see nowhere does it actually say he will sue. Also the NUS haven't had any formal contact from him. I think he's allowed the story to get out to save a bit of face and hope it all blows over...

I don't know. Much as I detest Galloway I think he'd stand a good chance of winning if he sued.

For him to be a "rape denier" it would have to have been established that Assange had raped someone, and that's not the case.

Back
Top Bottom