Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

No one is starving. The hezbollah/regime taunting of the population as starving is just jokes. No one is starving there. The assad or starve graf is fake and hasn't been backed up. Like the assad or the country burns was fake and wasn't backed up by thousands of barrel bombs directed at civilians.

It's weird isn't it - these people spend thousands of words justifying barrel bombs targeted at civilians with the most most inept type of but the west has jets logic, yet are outraged that a picture seeking to bring attention to civilians being starved to death as a policy of the regime they support is faked.

Kafranbel activist Raed Fares and journalist Hadi Alabdullah have been captured by Jabhat al-Nusra, it is being reported this morning.

Bad news :(
They took over and shut down the radio station as well. This is not good news at all and suggests FSA/beardies polarisation and fight is coming. Pressure of SDF being felt across all north syria (and see recent moves in south for way wind i blowing). Link back to the lister thing on Nusra.

And reverse image search on those harrowing " photos from madaya " throws up...well well well

Interview with that Lebanese girl and her parents who's photo was used by the rebels . Robbed off Facebook , and not for the first time either. Also a good money spinner for jihadists collecting donations for "aid " . Will be a bit hard to explain how they get the aid into the town if it's under siege as they claim.

Pretends he took the time to do the reverse image search himself rather than just copying it off reddit.

Ah, so that's why we get no sources for the claims?

The child and her family are interviewed in the video I posted, that you plainly ignored. As are the reversed image searches .

Why did you ignore it when the source is right in front of you. The girl herself speaking.

Some Madayans pissed at rebel profiteering by the looks of it.

There was another video of them carrying pro Assad banners on that protest too.

But the likes of Laptop and Teqniq will completely ignore their plight now after that . The concern for residents will disappear like snow off a ditch. Remember your dealing with people who insist the rebels don't even control the town. And that the government have just besieged them for the fun of it .

But the likes of Laptop and Teqniq will completely ignore their plight now after that . The concern for residents will disappear like snow off a ditch. Remember your dealing with people who insist the rebels don't even control the town. And that the government have just besieged them for the fun of it .
What, the same way you ignored the fact of many starving people as evidenced by that Twitter feed? And why if there were no starving people did pro regime supporters feel the need to go on Twitter and taunt them with pictures of food? Hypocrite.

Anyway it seems that some food will get to them today

UN aid convoy to enter besieged Syrian town where starving locals are 'eating grass and pets'

But the likes of Laptop and Teqniq will completely ignore their plight now after that . The concern for residents will disappear like snow off a ditch.

Are you suggesting that the people of Madaya have now been "Yemenized" or "East-Ukrainified"?

And just to reiterate, a number of opposing parties in the conflict is employing starvation as a weapon

Nearly 400,000 Syrians starving in besieged areas

A deal struck on Saturday permits the delivery of food to Madaya, currently surrounded by forces loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, and the villages of Foua and Kefraya in Idlib, both of which are hemmed in by rebel fighters.

Separately, the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) group has imposed a siege on more than 200,000 in Deir Az Zor in Syria's east.

"Besieging Syrian civilians is wrong, whoever the perpetrator," Nashashibi told Al Jazeera.

"One cannot be selective in one's outrage over the suffering of Syrian civilians and plausibly claim to have a moral compass."....

Juliette Touma, a spokesperson for the UN children's agency UNICEF, says the lack of access has made it impossible to assess the humanitarian needs of the communities in question.
"These are areas that have been under siege by parties to the conflict," she told Al Jazeera.

"We can't point a finger to one party and not another because more than one party to the conflict is involved in besieging various communities."

Last edited:
has the food actually got there yet?
According to this, yes.

e2a also according this

After beginning negotiations last week, the Syrian regime agreed to allow UN and Red Cross aid convoys to deliver food to rebel-controlled Madaya in West Ghouta on Monday. In exchange for this concession, rebel factions agreed to allow simultaneous aid deliveries to two rebel-encircled pro-regime villages of Kafariya and al-Fuaa in Idlib province.

Last edited:
One really does wonder how it is that Lewis and Tyrie have given Cameron a far harder time than Harman and Vaz are doing.

One really does wonder how it is that Lewis and Tyrie have given Cameron a far harder time than Harman and Vaz are doing.

Julian Lewis, I presume?

I once spent half an hour competing with him over who was more cynical about Parliament and government. It was fun :D

Also, the security services and (particularly) the armed forces have his ear. And I'm told they all think Cameron's utterly mad on Syria.

Julian Lewis, I presume?

I once spent half an hour competing with him over who was more cynical about Parliament and government. It was fun :D

Also, the security services and (particularly) the armed forces have his ear. And I'm told they all think Cameron's utterly mad on Syria.

It was indeed he, and that must have been a fascinating half-hour - for a Tory MP he does come across as someone who you could at least have a rational argument with; you can see why Cameron hates him.

Back
Top Bottom