Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

And next, Syria?

Reading Al Tamimis twitter feed there seems to have been Israeli air strikes on Druze areas of southern Syria earlier today on regime facilities . Does anyone have some more information on this?

Again a highly misleading report, as one would expect from the source . Cluster munitions , just like white phosphorous, aren't banned and arent illegal . And they admit they never went to a single site to examine the claims. Just spoke to opposition activists down the phone.

*yawn*

Anyone would think you're the boots on the ground. You haven't got a scooby what's going on, yet are quick to diss anyone who posts a media link to that of what doesn't fit your agenda.

And this ain't a pop at rockets fired into Israel either. It's a general pop ;)

Anyone would think you're the boots on the ground. You haven't got a scooby what's going on, yet are quick to diss anyone who posts a media link to that of what doesn't fit your agenda.

And this ain't a pop at rockets fired into Israel either. It's a general pop ;)

:D:D

I was talking to liamo the other night and the general agreement was there isn't anyone on here who gets as much stick for posting as me. So we're your need to defend poor little posters who's links shouldn't be criticised comes from is anyone's guess. The guy posted a link that claimed , falsely, that cluster munitions are a banned weapon. They aren't, it's bollocks. He did exactly the same thing the other week about white phosphorous. More shite . And the claim comes from his own link that HRW didn't inspect any sites themselves but instead spoke to " opposition activists " down the phone .
Unlike you , apparently, I read his fucking link were it actually admits that . That's we're the information comes from .

So yeah, it is a general pop and a totally hypocritical one. You're fucked off about this stuff being challenged.

Good. I hope you get even more fucked off .

The guy posted a link that claimed , falsely, that cluster munitions are a banned weapon. They aren't, it's bollocks.

Convention on Cluster Munitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Convention on Cluster Munitions (CCM) is an international treaty that prohibits the use, transfer and stockpile of cluster bombs, a type ofexplosive weapon which scatters submunitions ("bomblets") over an area. The convention was adopted on 30 May 2008 in Dublin,[6] and was opened for signature on 3 December 2008 in Oslo. It entered into force on 1 August 2010, six months after it was ratified by 30 states.[2] As of October 2015, 108 states have signed the treaty and 98 have ratified it or acceded to it.[3]

You are right about white phosphorous but however I do not recall posting about this substance so perhaps you could draw my attention the the relevant post.

White phosphorus munitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usually you ignore posts that I make that you are not comfortable with or have no ready answer to. Here I refer to posts #4607 and #4547 as being the most recent examples that come to mind. Now maybe Syria and Russia haven't ratified the convention on cluster munitions but in any event it would seem to be something that countries often feel safe to ignore as Saudi Arabia has been using them in Yemen.

Oh and before you say that Human Rights Watch has a Western-centric agenda or somesuch it was them who reported on the uses of of cluster munitions in both Syria and Yemen. Incidentally it says in that BBC article that Saudi is not a signatory to the convention on cluster munitions and neither is the US:

The US and the other countries in Saudi Arabia's military coalition are not signatories of the 2008 treaty either. The US does however bar the sale of the weapons to countries that use them in civilian areas.

How the US expects to enforce the bar is laughable or would be except for the end results.

It would also appear that neither Russia nor Syria are signatories either, so that's ok then.

In reality the convention appears to be a bit of a paper tiger as two of the largest arms manufacturers on the planet, the US and Russia are not signatories and as usual it's a case of 'I am right because I'm holding a much larger stick than you'. This does not however imo make the spirit and the intention of the convention wrong. It just means that the usual suspects are indeed, cunts. :(

Last edited:
Convention on Cluster Munitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You are right about white phosphorous but however I do not recall posting about this substance so perhaps you could draw my attention the the relevant post.

White phosphorus munitions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Usually you ignore posts that I make that you are not comfortable with or have no ready answer to. Here I refer to posts #4607 and #4547 as being the most recent examples that come to mind. Now maybe Syria and Russia haven't ratified the convention on cluster munitions but in any event it would seem to be something that countries often feel safe to ignore as Saudi Arabia has been using them in Yemen.

Oh and before you say that Human Rights Watch has a Western-centric agenda or somesuch it was them who reported on the uses of of cluster munitions in both Syria and Yemen. Incidentally it says in that BBC article that Saudi is not a signatory to the convention on cluster munitions and neither is the US:

How the US expects to enforce the bar is laughable or would be except for the end results.

It would also appear that neither Russia nor Syria are signatories either, so that's ok then.

In reality the convention appears to be a bit of a paper tiger as two of the largest arms manufacturers on the planet, the US and Russia are not signatories and as usual it's a case of 'I am right because I'm holding a much larger stick than you'. This does not however imo make the spirit and the intention of the convention wrong. It just means that the usual suspects are indeed, cunts. :(

Youve missed out the bit were the evidence is " opposition activists " , as in fucking rebels, phoning this info into HRW in Turkey.

Way to fucking go . Sunshine .

Wait. CR is defending the use of cluster bombs now?

Or is it only if his team uses them?

So in your book pointing out they aren't a banned weapon, as the article falsely claimed, and the evidence of their use consists of phone calls to HRw in turkey, allegedly from Syrian rebels in Syria..they could be in Ankara..or a fucking semi in Coventry for all we know...equates to defending the use of cluster bombs.

Fuck off you hypocrite.any ropey old pile of shit can be posted on here and get all sorts of likes from the " kewl kids ". Challenge it and you all start hopping about . Because its your team.

Jokers .

Random press release of the day:

President of the Italian Senate opens the Italian consulate in Erbil 22/12/2015

Erbil being, of course, the capital city of Iraqi Kurdistan. Some re-alignment here?

Fucked off? :D I couldn't give a monkey's chuff me auld fruit.

Keep on posting fake tube vids for the lolz though ;)

Oh right, you thought it was a proper not a joke vid. Dearie me. from johnny al Knoxville, no less .

And of course your fucked off. And the kewl kids . If you didn't give a chuff you wouldn't have bothered with that rambling nonsense earlier .

Btw though what exactly do you reckon that thing in the air they're shooting at repeatedly is, that's dropping bombs on them ? That they end up running away from, with explosions around them. A fucking bumblebee ? A swan ? A goose ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom