Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

ANARCHISTS ATE MY HAMSTER: Clichés, smears and stereotypes

i have the feeling this has been faked - probably photoshopped by searchhlight-neocon-liblablie-commie-smelly-student- muslamics.
It's obviously faked, the light can't be coming from the left and the right, and the images on the left look much clearer than overcoat man.

the article defending galloway and assange in this weeks weekly worker by paul demarty contains a full set of cliches, smears, and stereotypes

w1qik3.jpg

Sorry to reveal the photoshoppery of the previous photograph. :D

Incidentally although the issue of the tattoos was brought to us by the BBC it was a straight quote from the prosecution.

There was a guy on some program once. Forget what. But introduced himself as an anarchist. Maybe some game show or university challenge or something. He was clearly middle class and well educated. Everyone was like 'oooh, you don't really look like an anarchist' and were all over him like maggots on a dead dog. Think the Daily Mail did a feature on him. Wish I could remember what the fuck it was.

It was all 'what is a nice middle class boy like this from a GOOD HOME doing with all that anarchist nonsense'.

There was a guy on some program once. Forget what. But introduced himself as an anarchist. Maybe some game show or university challenge or something. He was clearly middle class and well educated. Everyone was like 'oooh, you don't really look like an anarchist' and were all over him like maggots on a dead dog. Think the Daily Mail did a feature on him. Wish I could remember what the fuck it was.

It was all 'what is a nice middle class boy like this from a GOOD HOME doing with all that anarchist nonsense'.

Well remembered.

There are ample threads on libcom going over the lunacy of Marxist inspired critiques of anarchism. The worse offenders seem to be AWL.

The smaller the marxoid entity, the more it feels the double bind of desperately needing to engage with the rest of the 'movement' (in order to recruit) and the need to defend its 'unique heritage' against challenges from outside (in order to defend the members it has from being seduced by naughty anarkids).
the AWL is most obvious in this, organising initiatives such as 'no sweat' deliberately designed to attract those attracted to anarcho poses, and encouraging 'debate'- whilst at the same time distributing amongst the membership very hostile critiques of anarchism, which distort it unreconisably.
in this their attitude to anarchists is exactly the same as it is to their competitors on the trotty left.
The CPGBies are even smaller than the AWL; their modus operandi only acknowledges existing leftwing activists as possible recruits- thus the anarchist are not a pool for recruitment, but rather an obstacle to be destroyed, their articles on anarchism are only slightly less hysterical than a daily mail rant- an even less informed.

i'm an anarchist, upper-middle class, respectable and well posh! this is me when i was in bullingdon clarse war
posh-riot-club_1862.jpg

Back
Top Bottom