Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

American Airlines Ban Alcohol on Flights

When I'm drunk on a plane the worst thing I do is to wildly overreact to the inflight entertainment. There was that time I bawled my eyes out on a plane at the Ben Kingsley drama House of Sand and Fog and that other time when The Hot Chick was the funniest film I'd ever seen. I watched both films again sober and at home and they were crap.

Good, no one needs to get tanked on a plane, you can drink at the airport beforehand (usually). Also just means more people needing to piss all the time... great fun on a 12h flight. They should focus on giving people some decent food! If youre that scared of flying get some valium...

Reminds me of leaving Kathmandu en route to Bahrain... all the south asians off to work there (presumably) and the arabs on the plane tanked into the quadruple whiskys right after take off... ive never seen anything like it. Tbf my main issue was with the insane Greek family who had the most enormous screaming row right next to me for most of the flight. They had to be separated. And weren't even drinking the lunatics :D

I once had a lovely couple of hours getting drunk and chatting to a woman on a Beijing to Frankfurt flight. We passed out around the same time, woke up snuggled up to each other and were consequently so embarassed we didn't talk for the rest of the flight.

Then when I got to Frankfurt I tried to argue about the seat I'd been given on my flight to Heathrow and was threatened with not being allowed to board due to still being half-cut.

When I'm drunk on a plane the worst thing I do is to wildly overreact to the inflight entertainment. There was that time I bawled my eyes out on a plane at the Ben Kingsley drama House of Sand and Fog and that other time when The Hot Chick was the funniest film I'd ever seen. I watched both films again sober and at home and they were crap.
Apparently, it’s a common phenomenon to get disproportionately teary on an aeroplane. Not sure why.

Only time I've had an issue with pissed people they already steaming when they get on. Mind you I normally use budget air lines so good luck getting pissed with their prices for tiny servings.

Fell asleep after 30mg of valium, few spliffs (before), and loads of red wine with a full glass in my hand. Spilt it when I woke up and ruined a nice long sleeved polo.

You'd think a steward would have popped it onto my table for me at some point over the previous 8 hours.

I like the occasional lager or Bloody Mary on flights. Typical dickheads ruining it for everyone as usual.

IME it’s usually people getting pissed up before flights who cause all the aggro for everyone else. If only there was a way to ban knobbers in general from flying.
Random breathalyser tests at boarding would be a start.

what can possible effect you on a plane so much you find a Rob Schiender movie funny

are they giving out Mandy on planes these days
Perhaps being perpetually aware of the precariousness and insignificance of our existence temporarily heightens our emotions

Last edited:
Reactions: Ax^
Apparently, it’s a common phenomenon to get disproportionately teary on an aeroplane. Not sure why.
huh. This has definitely happened to me, i hardly ever cry, as in unhealthily hardly ever, but have done more than once on flights. Only if i have a window seat obvs.

Perhaps being perpetually aware of the precariousness and insignificance of our existence makes temporarily heightens our emotions

can you imagine if something went wrong and the last image the poor souls on a place saw was Rob Schiender :(

Where's the fun in that? They probably had a sweepstake going on when you'd spill it on yourself, with a few side bets on whether or not you'd spill it in your lap and try to explain that you hadn't actually pissed yourself :D

it's all so clear now

Back
Top Bottom