Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Flight to Nowhere!

Absolute nonsense.

Different strokes for different folks, and all that. There are probably as many aviation enthusiasts as there are train weirdos and the views from the windows of an aircraft flying a well planned route over landmarks will wipe the floor with anything you'll ever see from a train. A lot of people love the whole airport experience too. They're not always packed to the rafters and if you throw in a lounge and a decent lunch you've got the makings of a great day out.
The Dreamliner aircraft, which this flight uses, has windows about twice the size of normal airplane windows too.

The Q's went on a helicopter ride in Florida and it was really good, (first and only time I've been in one) sightseeing flights are cool if its a light aircraft with a handful of people aboard that can fly low and get a great view of the sights.
Sightseeing flights on an A320 are probably about as interesting as a sightseeing ride on the London Underground.

The Q's went on a helicopter ride in Florida and it was really good, (first and only time I've been in one) sightseeing flights are cool if its a light aircraft with a handful of people aboard that can fly low and get a great view of the sights.
Sightseeing flights on an A320 are probably about as interesting as a sightseeing ride on the London Underground.
We went on a helicopter flight to nowhere over the Grand Canyon. It was fucking incredible. I took this video as we flew over the rim.

THE_GRAND_CANYON.gif

They were handing them out at the gate and BB1 told me to get one and she’d show me how to make a paper crane with it. Still can’t do it, but can make a decent hat.

I never read on planes, it’s the one place I can watch films in peace, from the same flight (can you name the movies?);

View attachment 231695
That orange sky is due to all the pollution you're causing by poisoning the atmosphere. I don't buy the excuse for being in possession of the Mail - a classic excuse, along the lines of 'I only buy it for the crossword' :p

I have enjoyed a lot of long flights in economy class when the plane hasn't been full

What I like is having no internet and just watching a load of films and they bring you a glass of wine every 20 minutes or whatever. Getting on a jumbo jet for no reason is a bit weird though

I love flying - even if I have only got my feet off the ground once this year, fuck 2020.

Love the views from these:

D225B713-BA42-4BAF-B5A3-84B69D73972E.jpeg

This is almost as good:

FFF91BA8-085F-471F-8362-38CA6BF2FABD.jpeg

And did a trip to the Grand Canyon in the back of one of these, dodging thunder storms on the way back.

DC2AF250-6C58-4147-B4B4-571C3F1B8705.jpeg

When flying long haul I spend loads of time staring at the back looking out of the door windows. Siberia and the Artic being my favourites. But I don’t think I’d go on a commercial airliner sight seeing flight.

It would be cool in something like a dreamliner if they did say a round the UK flight at 2000’. But the cost of running it that low would be ridiculous. ( Although the emissions would be less of an issue - the problem with commercial aviation isn’t that it has higher passenger / mile /CO2 ratings than ships or cars , it’s that people can do more long journeys and that extra damage that the other emissions do as they are above the weather and do take years to wash out.)

Back
Top Bottom