Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

What was it that you thought was well-written? Whose twitter? Twitter links are usually from twitter.

What stood out for you as relevant to post? (some people here have problems if you just post a link without comment...sometimes)

I've pointed out the fact that it was paid for by tories and published on a dodgy site. Not unreasonable to ask why you post it and what you liked about it.

And that fuckwit squirrel as well, obviously.

I, personally, just think that you're a fuckwit that repeats anything you're fed when it suits your cadres and you oblige every time. Still have to question whether you actually have an opinion though.

You're very terse when challenged.

Not tense at all, I simply have more important things to deal with than a fuckwit on the internet, pretty simple really.

A mate who is a law lecturer retweeted it, simple really. Now I have more important thing to do,

Neither of you so quick to reply now though.

It was paid for by this lot Tulchan names new directors among series of promotions

So seeing as how it's... you know...the tories that paid for it...and it's a private site for members only (hover over fed's link) and it's full of paid for shite including how god deals with the corona virus...and the article mentions weinstein, a convicted sex criminal, a bunch of times re an innocent man, and its entirely one-sided approach whilst appearing to identify a juror and the way he voted...and this is the only free to access article on the entire site that I can see...because the tories must have paid for that too...I'm calling shenannigans. Asking where fed got it is entirely reasonable.

In Scotland the far left and labour in general are in bed with the tories, it's a fact. :)

This slanderous shite of an article just shows how the right manage to push the left's buttons.

Slanderous? I'm sure the obnoxious little cunt is aware of the article, so if it is slanderous, why hasn't he sued?

Afraid of what might emerge during a civil case perhaps?

Slanderous? I'm sure the obnoxious little cunt is aware of the article, so if it is slanderous, why hasn't he sued?

Afraid of what might emerge during a civil case perhaps?
Salmond said after the trial to leave it just now, no names and no gossip. No names have been divulged but gossip is difficult...to be fair it's kinda been done up to now. Comments about the trial itself, and what the accusers have done since then are more a grey area...but any comment has certainly only been within the limits of what has already been broadcast by the state and its whore media. Fed and squirrel included. cupid's offensive post will be fine, of course, with all the posters and non-posters here. So similar to how the state works, innit?

The weirdsest thing for me is the absolute silence about it all on urban, which is the gossip heaven...those questions spring up quickly in other threads. Mention a link was paid for by tories and distributed to their willing cohorts and suddenly nobody has an opinion. All the Poirots are suddenly Clouseas.

And you've changed your tune. You, like everyone else, knew of and heard of no rumours re Salmond before this, after this, apart from this on anything. He's clean.

You know why he's clean? Because they would have got him before if he wasn't.

Certainly not sexual never mind bullying or inappropriate behaviour. You're just dancing to the same tune for different reasons.

None of it is true and the forensic abilities of this place...well look at them. The best you could call it is inept. And it's been a long time since this place was at its best.

Salmond said after the trial to leave it just now, no names and no gossip. No names have been divulged but gossip is difficult...to be fair it's kinda been done up to now. Comments about the trial itself, and what the accusers have done since then are more a grey area...but any comment has certainly only been within the limits of what has already been broadcast by the state and its whore media. Fed and squirrel included. cupid's offensive post will be fine, of course, with all the posters and non-posters here. So similar to how the state works, innit?

The weirdsest thing for me is the absolute silence about it all on urban, which is the gossip heaven...those questions spring up quickly in other threads. Mention a link was paid for by tories and distributed to their willing cohorts and suddenly nobody has an opinion. All the Poirots are suddenly Clouseas.

And you've changed your tune. You, like everyone else, knew of and heard of no rumours re Salmond before this, after this, apart from this on anything. He's clean.

You know why he's clean? Because they would have got him before if he wasn't.

Certainly not sexual never mind bullying or inappropriate behaviour. You're just dancing to the same tune for different reasons.

None of it is true and the forensic abilities of this place...well look at them. The best you could call it is inept. And it's been a long time since this place was at its best.

I found it rather hard to believe that someone could be accused by so many women, and be entirely innocent.

Post 1 of this thread.

'Two people have made complaints against former first minister Alex Salmond, who denies ever sexually harassing anyone.

His successor, Nicola Sturgeon, said the complaints were made in January and were investigated through a process she had agreed to.

She said the situation was "difficult for me to come to terms with" given her long history with Mr Salmond, but the claims "could not be ignored".

Mr Salmond told BBC Scotland he was "no saint" and has "got flaws".

He added: "I have made many mistakes in my life, political and personal.

"But I have not sexually harassed anyone and I certainly have not been engaged in criminality."

He also insisted that a new complaints procedure introduced by the Scottish government last year following wider concerns about harassment at Holyrood and Westminster was "unfair and unjust".'

Very odd.

The complaints apparently were made in January, but he wasn't told about it until March, at which time he told Sturgeon. He is suing the Scottish Government, because he feels that the process used to investigate the claims was illegal.

This really is odd. I am no fan of Salmond, far from it, but I cannot believe he would have sexually harassed/assaulted anyone.

There is some confusion in the reporting:

The Daily Record says the allegations date back to December 2013, and that Mr Salmond has been reported to police over claims he sexually assaulted two staff members at the first minister's official residence at Bute House in Edinburgh.

Is there a legal difference between 'harassed' and 'assaulted'? The two terms seem to be being used interchangeably in the reporting.

There does seem to be a cooling of relations between the SNP and Salmond, no one is exactly rushing to his defence.

The highlighted words are mine, there is a lot of C&P to avoid having to type too much.

Right back at the start of this thread, I stated that I thought it was unlikely he had assaulted anyone. That was based on known facts then. As time went on, and the number of complainants rose, and the charges more serious, I changed my mind.

This will run a bit yet.

From a unionist standpoint, mega disruption in the SNP doesn't sadden me. :), The elections are next year, things will possibly be a case of two sides entrenched, and an all out coup by the antis Sturgeon brigade.

Nice post, thanks. SNP voting intentions actually increased in the polls after the trial. Not sure that was mentioned.

But like others...your opinion has only been moved by the allegations in regards to this and for no other reason.

And there has been lots of discussion. Do me a favour...do a quick google of the defence case and tell me what that action makes you think. Remembering that the first case was thrown out with costs awarded and the judge saying it was dodgy, and the second with one not proven (for a reason) and the rest not guilties.

What do you see about the defence case with a quick google? Must be loads.

What swayed the jurors?

Dexter likes to hero worship convicted rapists, that all everyone needs to know about him.

Not tense at all, I simply have more important things to deal with than a fuckwit on the internet, pretty simple really.

A mate who is a law lecturer retweeted it, simple really. Now I have more important thing to do,
I don't know anything about Dani Garavelli's work, but this seems sound enough:

What's the full story here? (I cant read beyond paywall) Did the misogynist fuckwit actually name some of them women?

What's the full story here? (I cant read beyond paywall) Did the misogynist fuckwit actually name some of them women?
Very light on details ATM, the below is the "full" story.

============
A former British diplomat has been charged with contempt of court after writing blogs about the trial of Alex Salmond. Proceedings had started against Craig Murray, a former ambassador to Uzbekistan, the Crown Office confirmed.

Mr Salmond, the former first minister, was cleared of all charges at the High Court in Edinburgh after nine women accused him of sexual assault, including an attempted rape.

It is a criminal offence to publish the identities of the women after a court order was made by Lady Dorrian during the trial. Mr Murray attended two days of the trial in the public gallery and on each day produced blogs of the proceedings. He had been declined access as a member of the media.

• Angry
Reactions: Sue
aah, so there are four words that didnt appear in the cut off version!

They wouldn't be mentioning that its illegal to publish their identities unless that's what he did tho

What he actually did was point out that others in the media, including danni garavelli, had identified some of the women. As I previously pointed out on this thread earlier. As well as pointing out the corruption of the police and politicians involved in this case, which should never have come to court.

Craig was threatened by the courts and told not to go to the trial, his press credentials initially ignored and then later he was barred as the prosecution requested it from the judge. He was also one of the very few who actually reported the defence and the whole case (as allowed).

His address was published. The daily record and others went after him.

People should read his reports themselves. Or in the case of urbanites...get an adult to read them to you.

The kind of credibility you get when your only recourse is character assassination and lies. Stu is not a homophobe but I'm not arguing with you about it.

Here's Craig's account, with a fundraiser.

Even for a fuckwit like MacAskill, that is extraordinary.

The East Lothian SNP MP also claimed the downfall of Mr Salmond’s lead lawyer, Gordon Jackson QC, may have been part of a wider conspiracy against the former First Minister.

Mr Jackson resigned as Dean of the Faculty of Advocates barely a week after the trial when
a video emerged of him reportedly naming two of Mr Salmond’s accusers on a train, despite a court order granting them anonymity for life.
Writing in the new issue of the Scottish Left Review, Mr MacAskill said what happened to the QC seemed “more than accidental” and his “real crime” was representing Mr Salmond.

I think MacAskill is completely off his trolley, if he was ever on it.

The fucking idiot lawyer was bragging about the case on a train, and a member of the public videoed it. That was a set up then? Someone followed Jackson 24/7, in the knowledge that he would commit a criminal act in that he revealed the identity of the complainants?

The fucking idiot lawyer won his case.

No offence but you don't even seem to know why. Neither you nor other posters, wittingly or unwittingly, even voice the basic facts that the jury decided upon, nor the judgement in the previous civil case which he also won.

Salmond was innocent of sexual assault but that was not the defence case.

... Tyson was also accused of other sexual assaults and is a self confessed perp. of domestic violence. All round role model.

I do not make this comment in support of any particular person, but, everyone who has committed even the most heinous of crimes, can earn redemption and rehabilitation.

Back
Top Bottom