Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Alex Salmond accused (and then cleared) of sexual misconduct.

Forgot to set it up to record. :facepalm:

Is it worth watching tomorrow on the iPlayer?

No, it missed the entire defence and was from all accounts 100% biased, which surprised no-one tbh. Even the Torygraph has slated it. Kirsty just couldn't handle the verdict, suck it up bitch.

I can't really remember who Iain Lawson is but he's an ex Tory and this is his take on it

Last edited:
"This story is only just beginning", so aye it is.

The conspiracy theory stuff is rubbish. Why have a conspiracy against yesterday's man?

'The Scottish government has refused to hand over significant legal papers to a Holyrood investigation into the handling of harassment complaints against Alex Salmond, claiming they are too sensitive to disclose.

John Swinney, the deputy first minister, told the specially convened Scottish parliament committee that the government would withhold its papers on the former first minister’s legal action against it, its own legal advice and key documents from its internal inquiry.'.

This is disgraceful, this is public money. There is your conspiracy.

I’ve not watched the Kirsty Wark thing. Nor do I want to. But I understand the docu focused on the prosecution case and ignored the defence. Whatever the intention, that lets Salmond off the hook on the behaviour he admitted, by focussing on what he was cleared of. That allows his supporters to sidestep any “me too” type focus on the self admitted creepy workplace behaviour from a man in a position of power and instead - correctly - shout that he was acquitted of the criminal charges. The conversation should have been quite different.

Not that he’ll make the come back some people are bizarrely suggesting, as the leader of another pro Independence party. He’s a spent force.

'The Scottish government has refused to hand over significant legal papers to a Holyrood investigation into the handling of harassment complaints against Alex Salmond, claiming they are too sensitive to disclose.

John Swinney, the deputy first minister, told the specially convened Scottish parliament committee that the government would withhold its papers on the former first minister’s legal action against it, its own legal advice and key documents from its internal inquiry.'.

This is disgraceful, this is public money. There is your conspiracy.

The inquiry is under way. The SNP are knocking lumps out of each other. The unionists are making the most of it. And StuAnon are up to their foreheads in fantasy.

Not that there’s anyone else to scoop up votes in May.

The inquiry is under way. The SNP are knocking lumps out of each other. The unionists are making the most of it. And StuAnon are up to their foreheads in fantasy.

Not that there’s anyone else to scoop up votes in May.
I've been wondering what's going on with all this.

This quote (from here) looks a bit odd, to say the least
The row began when allegations of sexual harassment - which he strongly denied - were made against Mr Salmond by two female civil servants in 2018.
The complaints were made after Ms Sturgeon asked for new government policies on sexual harassment to be put in place in the wake of the #MeToo movement. Mr Salmond believed the policy was aimed at him.

"Alex Salmond makes an extraordinary attack on his successor
@NicolaSturgeon
, claiming that the leadership of the civil service, the prosecuting authority, and the country itself have all failed." - James Cook, BBC.

So, not holding any grudges at all, then.

Alex Massie: “Extraordinary: Salmond effectively arguing that, if he is correct, Scotland is not actually fit to be independent at present.”

1ADD5892-78B0-47DF-B048-0E5309D557D4.jpeg06AD6EA4-6256-45E6-A0DF-F8C14D12FA2A.jpeg

Eck’s performance not going down well in some quarters. (Cameron Archibald is a founder and director of this economic think tankhttps://www.modernmoney.scot/ ).

One more for the flavour of StuAnon:
I'm not sure that these people don't help Sturgeon. They are so batshit that I can't see most people wanting to get within spitting distance of the them - which could mean that any real deficiencies in the way Sturgeon handled things will get lost amongst their lunacy.

I see that the social distancing measures that we are lectured about daily by the dentist have really sunk in.

PxACujI.jpg

Back
Top Bottom