Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Album Recommendations 2018

heard a track on 6 music the other day and it was ok
but I can never forgive tuneyards for the typographical assault of the alternating cases in the logo/name
the PRML SCRM etc skipping of vowels I could about cope with
but this? seriously though fuck off

heard a track on 6 music the other day and it was ok
but I can never forgive tuneyards for the typographical assault of the alternating cases in the logo/name
the PRML SCRM etc skipping of vowels I could about cope with
but this? seriously though fuck off
yEh rIGhT fuCKiNg iRRitAtinG ThAt iS - album's not bad though

Last edited:
I’m being soothed by Pete Fij & Terry Bickers. Went to see them without listening to their current music. Bought an album at the gig but it’s not the latest one which I shall buy next. One I bought was described as ‘sunshine with showers’.

The London Dirthole Company "Summarine 8.1". full disclosure i played guitar on it... it is really good though... also it doesn't seem to be available to buy or even listen to anywhere yet though it's been out a few weeks, so you will have to make do with listening to this one track i ripped off it: PUB QUIZ CUNTS - Clyp

This is rather lovely - Hampshire & Foat - The Honeybear - ambient folk concept album based on a fictional children's book.

Objectified - Talent: Only played this one all the way through once so far, so probably too early to give a more in-depth opinion on it; quite pleasing in a vaguely County Teasers--esque way.

Goat Girl have their debut coming out on Rough Trade in April. Keen to hear that one.

The London Dirthole Company "Summarine 8.1". full disclosure i played guitar on it... it is really good though... also it doesn't seem to be available to buy or even listen to anywhere yet though it's been out a few weeks, so you will have to make do with listening to this one track i ripped off it: PUB QUIZ CUNTS - Clyp

It's OK, but the guitar's shit.

I'm just kidding - that's pretty great. Excellent track title, too.

the more tracks that come out from this new Ed Schrader's Music Beat album the more it looks like it is going to be awesome

New Hieroglyphic Being album on Soul Jazz Records out today.
Hieroglyphic Being – The Red Notes | Soul Jazz Records

5026328503943_T38487228290054.jpg

I'll check it out. i usually hate Prince-inspired artists and im usually right but i will listen and i appreciate the thought, thanks
Janelle Monae is more than just Prince-inspired.
6391384893_c2649ed4be_z.jpg

She was his latest protege and he was helping her on this album when he died.

Ladytron are releasing a new album later in the year - their first since 2011. They're working with Jim Abbiss on it, who produced their The Witching Hour album in 2005.

First single is here: The Animals. It's good, if not their best.

They're funding the album through Pledge music (I understand they had some label woes in the 00s) and have got 35% of the funding in place after 2 days. They were - of course - the best band of the 00s, so I'm excited about it.

Back
Top Bottom