Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Afghanistan: Mission Accomplished

URL unfurl="true"]https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58380167[/URL]

This is ridiculous. How can we pressure the Taliban?

Depends what they want - it also depends on how real/effective/sustained, the anti-taliban force/campaign in the Panshir valley is. The leader up there is the son of Shah Massoud, the Lion of Panshir, he was a huge thorn in the side of the Soviets for a decade, probably the most successful of the Mujahadeen leaders - AQ assassinated him two days before 9/11, and SIS had a very close relationship with him...

The Talibs appear to have a fairly close relationship with Qatar, and we have a fairly close relationship with Qatar. Qatar has a degree of influence over the Taliban, and we have a degree of influence over Qatar - the degrees of those influences, and the areas of them are open to debate.

I'm uncomfortable with simply bribing them, but who isn't - they may also need help, amusingly, dealing with their IS insurgency...

We'll just have to see how it pans out.

I'm uncomfortable with simply bribing them, but who isn't

Johnson

https://www. dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9937841/Taliban-promises-safe-passage-people-trying-leave-country.html

Prime Minister Boris Johnson said on Sunday that if the Taliban regime wanted diplomatic recognition and aid funding, they would have to ensure "safe passage" for those who want to leave.

Anyone hear any details about these missiles fired at the US at the airport.

Bog standard 107mm rockets - originally a Chinese design, but its something thats long been something built in workshops from Afghanistan to Mali. Simple to use.

Not fabulously accurate, but they can be pretty destructive and very disruptive. these ones/some of them were intercepted by be a C-RAM missile defence system.

Bog standard 107mm rockets - originally a Chinese design, but its something thats long been something built in workshops from Afghanistan to Mali. Simple to use.

Not fabulously accurate, but they can be pretty destructive and very disruptive. these ones/some of them were intercepted by be a C-RAM missile defence system.
Have to admit that I am impressed by the amount of stuff the Yanks took with them

I see the truth of the 'successful drone strike' is slowly emerging.

A US drone strike targeting a suicide bomber ended up killing 10 members of one family, including six children, surviving relatives have told the BBC.

The 10 were killed when a car parked at their home was struck by an explosion on Sunday.

Some of those killed had previously worked for international organisations and held visas allowing them entry to the US.

At the time of me writing this the US official line on it has shifted to a new version of what will quite likely still turn out to be bullshit.

I wonder about intercepting them at what I assume would be a low altitude, could cause more carnage than the rockets themselves no?

The pictures and video that are available on the internet should you wish to to see them, absolutely show victims in of an explosive attack, not victims of gunshot wounds.

Gunshots don't rip limbs off.
Of course there was a bomb, no one has said otherwise.
What was suggested was that the response to that was occupation soldiers firing indiscriminately, resulting in more innocent deaths, possibly more than the bomb itself.

if you had wife and kids in that shithole called Afghanistan would you try and get to a European country that offered you safety?

Back
Top Bottom