Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

adidas trainers

Been trying on shoes in shops today.

Really don’t like the leather Gazelles, the tongue is far too stiff for me. So that’s out. Suede in some dark colour but not leather.

Super Samba, they’ve changed the tongue to some kind of ridged plastic which is seen through the laces. Don’t like it.

Tried and liked both Mexicana and Tobacco. Will be buying some.. Maybe both? Can I justify this…?

Liked the look of the Spezial but didn’t try them on cos I’d already loaded my wish list and had two other pairs in my basket….

Found and bought two Black Friday bargains.

Grey + blue Zurros reduced to £50. And dark mauve + acid green Athen at £50. Need to consider the mauve + dayglo ones for a day or two, might return them…

But I still don’t have a pair of basic black + white Adidas….Might end up with black + black of something.

And I have a growing hankering for something in ruby red + black… or black + ruby red. (Or both, if I’m hones.)

Last edited:
You want the moon on a stick story .

Tbh I've been here with Vans chukka mono in grey canvas...and back aswell come to think of it. Get on depop.

This weekend I’ll mostly be wearing:

View attachment 352997

One of the many things I like about Adidas shoes is that I get to wear shoes of many colours without compromising on style. If I were to wear purple and orange shoes of any other kind they’d look like clown shoes. Something about the styling and heritage makes even bright or unusual colourways just cool.

Blue suede shoes? No problem!
Burnt orange with green? Sure thing!
Emerald green with yellow? Why not!

How does everyone lace their trainers?

These days I just stick to the standard left over right criss cross pattern, just as they come out of the box. I used to do bar lacings and thinking of going back to that.

I might play around with some of the fancy-schmancy lacings I’ve spotted both on the internet and (rarely) in the wild.

Really don’t like the leather Gazelles, the tongue is far too stiff for me. So that’s out. Suede in some dark colour but not leather.
The stiffness of the tongue (lol) wouldn't bother me so much but there's a fault on my right trainer where it has folded and I need to 'correct' as I put it on to wear it.
They look cool as fuck though. So I put up with it.

One of the many things I like about Adidas shoes is that I get to wear shoes of many colours without compromising on style. If I were to wear purple and orange shoes of any other kind they’d look like clown shoes. Something about the styling and heritage makes even bright or unusual colourways just cool.

Blue suede shoes? No problem!
Burnt orange with green? Sure thing!
Emerald green with yellow? Why not!
Indeed.

At 56 years of age I'd probably feel a little odd walking about with bright orange and green shoes on, but I love my orange and green Hamburgs. As you say, the styling and heritage makes it more than acceptable. :D

I'd love a pair of these Handball Spezials but the only places online I can find them seem to look a little dodgy for putting my card details on.
4445941.jpeg

You want the moon on a stick story .

Tbh I've been here with Vans chukka mono in grey canvas...and back aswell come to think of it. Get on depop.

Looks like I might have had it in the past.

I had a pair of Vans that I bought in New York just cos I needed a pair of shoes. Back in London, I was stopped in the street by someone wanting to buy them off my feet there and then at least twice. This was before the days of everything being right there on the Internet so I couldn’t check anything, and I’ve never been a sneaker fiend, so I had no idea what I was wearing.

I’ve just gone looking and I found the Vans I was wearing then...

This website has them priced at £1,466.66. (Although he’s spelling Vans with an apostrophe, so...)

I wore those shoes until they literally fell apart on my feet. Only Vans I’ve ever had.

Mrs Griff picked up a pair of light orange Gazelles yesterday which came with lilac laces. She loves them. :)

Attachments

• 20221130_164425-1.jpg
    20221130_164425-1.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 1
I had to venture into the belly of the beast the other day (Westfield) to pick something up and clocked there's an Adidas store there right by the entrance. I was in too much of a rush to investigate but may go back given it's on my doorstep.
Do the stores have other more exotic trainers or is it just a selection of what you can get online?

To be honest I find the Adidas shops awful, schuh and Size? are far better for the sort of trainers I like.
Nearly picked up a pair of grey/turquoise Handball Spezials yesterday in schuh.

Bought these today instead :oops:

In red.

To be honest I find the Adidas shops awful, schuh and Size? are far better for the sort of trainers I like.
Nearly picked up a pair of grey/turquoise Handball Spezials yesterday in schuh.

Bought these today instead :oops:

In red.
They look interesting. And not something I've seen online afaik so that answers my question that not everything they do is available on the website.

Check out Scotts Menswear and 80s Casual Classics.

:)

A colleague was in this chipoil the other night - a well-known one in Cleethorpes - and there was a film crew, local comedian Lloyd Griffifths, and a load of smartly dressed young men.

1669829044430.png

Colleague asked the crew what they were filming and they said a marketing campaign for an upcoming adidas range of three 'seaside' shoes - Blackpool, Brighton, and Cleethorpes, the latter of which apparently is to have a colourway modelled on Marklew's chippy.

You heard it here first, folks

A colleague was in this chipoil the other night - a well-known one in Cleethorpes - and there was a film crew, local comedian Lloyd Griffifths, and a load of smartly dressed young men.

View attachment 353608

Colleague asked the crew what they were filming and they said a marketing campaign for an upcoming adidas range of three 'seaside' shoes - Blackpool, Brighton, and Cleethorpes, the latter of which apparently is to have a colourway modelled on Marklew's chippy.

You heard it here first, folks
Tangentially connected I was once on a train in lockdown release period surrounded by women from .. erm .. Lincoln I think, definitely Lincolnshire and one of them said that what you do in Cleethorpes is eat chips.
Probably the same as any seaside town. But that photo reminded me of my ear wigging.

Not sure about his footwear but Bobby J Brown likes a trackie top in We Own This City:

(Though as he's playing a thieving bent copper, maybe shouldn't be claiming him).
Screenshot 2022-11-30 at 18.26.30.pngScreenshot 2022-11-30 at 18.29.59.png

Back
Top Bottom