Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

adidas trainers

1GP8U

I'm curious as to how many pairs of trainers people on here own?

Until recently I'd always owned one pair that I would wear all the time including raving. This meant that they would break really quickly and then I'd have to buy any random cheap pair I could find on the day I'd decided my old ones were done. This was usually when they started to leak serious amounts of water.

Over the last year I've managed to build up to a collection of 3. Some Etnies I now use solely for raving. A pair of air force 1's that have a rip in the upper canvas but are still good for getting around. Then the Adidas pair I posted earlier which I love, but I can see slowly degrading.

So I ended up buying two new pairs in sale this week which takes me up too 4 pairs. Is this excessive or normal? I'm a bit concerned that I'm getting carried away especially as these were more impulsive buys rather than a definite need. :hmm:

3, currently. An ancient pair of Levi's and 2 pairs of Adidas, 1 of them second hand.

Think I've got 10 pairs of adidas.

5 pairs I wear regularly, 4 pairs I only wear occasionally but they are lush and 1 pair I haven't worn because they're white and gorgeous and I don't want to mark them :eek:

I lost my love of trainers, still wear them but not as often and rarely buy them any more. Still must have 30 pairs in total, all but two pairs are adidas, that includes battered ones I've not chucked and others that are in good nick but were never every day trainers (my yellow malmos spring to mind, probably favourite pair I own but they only look ok with shorts and I mostly cba so despite being probably twelve years old they look almost new). I gave a load to a homeless charity a few years ago. Regularly wear three pairs now and one of those are running/gym trainers, other two are white and boring (samba and continental). Rest are in the loft, should just get rid really.

Reckon at height I probably had fifty pairs or something and I only ever bought stuff that was easily available, knew lads who would spend silly money on yugoslav made deadstock so they could keep them in a box and wear them once to the pub. In hindsight it's all a bit sad really. I had a thing for coats for a few years too, who needs fifteen costs, a dickhead that's who

I heard they stopped doing the design your own ones cos people were buying them with the colourways of very rare trainers. Still got my self-designed Gazelles, lovely they are

Those trainers would go with pretty much anything.
You say this but every time I wear them with anything but shorts everybody says 'yellow trainers' to me as the first thing they say and then keep reminding me I have yellow trainers on for the rest of our time together

You say this but every time I wear them with anything but shorts everybody says 'yellow trainers' to me as the first thing they say and then keep reminding me I have yellow trainers on for the rest of our time together
this is just what happens when a man starts wearing any colours but navy blue, khaki, brown or black. You have to put up with it for a while, but they stop soon enough.

this is just what happens when a man starts wearing any colours but navy blue, khaki, brown or black. You have to put up with it for a while, but they stop soon enough.

Do not go gently into that middle age drab.
You've got to wear what you like, fuckem all and carry it off.

I had a pair of Nizza low, all black except the top eyelet was blue.

Not the hardiest if shoes, I seem to recall, though very nice

I've had a few pairs(so ye probably not the hardiest) and they feel great for someone who has bad knees and feet, and, as you say, they look really good; better than sambas imo

Back
Top Bottom