Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A thank you to Brexiteers.

BLT = Brexit Less Tomato

Tomato ruins a BLT: pissing insipid red juice all over the bread and the bacon. No place on a full English either.

The made up shortage of them is therefore, yet another benefit of Lexit.

I would demand the continuity remain loons thank us for delivering the mythical shortage, but it strikes me that they are the type who enjoy tomato pissing out everywhere.

The made up shortage of them is therefore, yet another benefit of Lexit.

That might be the first time I've seen the word Lexit since about 2019 - is there an alternative reality in which Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn has nationalised tomato production? Because I would definitely choose that one over both the one in which Remain won the referendum and the one where Boris Johnson brought in a hard Brexit after a landslide election win. :D

That might be the first time I've seen the word Lexit since about 2019 - is there an alternative reality in which Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn has nationalised tomato production? Because I would definitely choose that one over both the one in which Remain won the referendum and the one where Boris Johnson brought in a hard Brexit after a landslide election win. :D
I suppose it might be possible to expand tomato production in the UK as most tomatoes imported are from Holland whose climate is similar .

First they came for the ski instructors
Then they came for the creative tambourine shakers

Then they came for the ... checks notes ... lettuces

First they came for the ski instructors
Then they came for the creative tambourine shakers

Then they came for the ... checks notes ... lettuces
Why are you obsessed with tambourine shakers? Weird.

It might be a big laugh to you, but a lot of people in the creative industries now find themselves unemployed or struggling because of Brexit.

Why are you obsessed with tambourine shakers? Weird.

It might be a big laugh to you, but a lot of people in the creative industries now find themselves unemployed or struggling because of Brexit.

It's a nonsense. Creative industries have never burgeoned like this before - several new theatres being built with 4K or more added seats. Netflix, Disney, Amazon all throwing £billions at London and regions in new hubs and new productions. Google's new European HQ: a £1 billion building. It's a boom time like no other for creatives.

Never quite understood why Britain got so many Dutch tomatoes when it was in a free trade bloc with Italy and Spain and other countries where tomatoes taste like tomatoes.
Yes they are tasless shite mainly. I think its because they are picked green then ripened with gas so have a longer supermarket life. We, the UK, do quite a bit of trade with Morocco in tomatoes as well.

Do like a fresh tomato with olive oil , black pepper and a bit of soft cheese.

It's a nonsense. Creative industries have never burgeoned like this before - several new theatres being built with 4K or more added seats. Netflix, Disney, Amazon all throwing £billions at London and regions in new hubs and new productions. Google's new European HQ: a £1 billion building. It's a boom time like no other for creatives.
citations needed

I'm sure the multinational corporates are doing very well indeed - and I know you're a big fan.

But I'm talking about the grassroots/small to medium band music scene, where they've been utterly screwed by Brexit. It's all been very well documented here. Educate yourself:

Meanwhile, the costs of Brexit continue to escalate:

The government is set to spend twice as much on Brexit administration as its flagship Levelling-up Fund.

A total of £12 billion has been set aside for departments and devolved administrations to help them cope with the logistics of leaving the European Union. The new figure was published on Thursday, in the government’s annual statement on European Union spending.

The document also confirmed that government departments had to tap billions of taxpayers’ money for no-deal preparations, even though a final agreement was secured. This was because the deal was confirmed just days before the transition exit date at the end of 2020.

Hurrah for the corporate creatives!

Back
Top Bottom