Some of the entertainment

Attachments

• 6E45C233-5D9E-4390-B569-B0BAC424BC45.jpeg
    6E45C233-5D9E-4390-B569-B0BAC424BC45.jpeg
    115.4 KB · Views: 13
  • 8DE6E44D-BABD-430D-87F5-6B282D20FB5B.jpeg
    8DE6E44D-BABD-430D-87F5-6B282D20FB5B.jpeg
    155.4 KB · Views: 14
Article in the Guardian today about the disappearing post war and brutalist architecture of Birmingham.

Very interesting, thanks.
My late cousin was an architect, he worked for James A Roberts.

Yes, me too.
It was totally different from the previous Victorian building and I know many old Brummies didn't like the 60's one but they don't like the new one either :D
Having said that, the old one was a great building in its own right.

View attachment 342590
Would have liked to have seen that one!

Leicester had a lovely old central library I used to like to go to as a kid. Don't expect that's there now either.

I don't know when this pic was taken, but it was more or less like this last time I saw it. I've a feeling it's moved.

1663087794144.png

I'm going to a Birmingham Heritage Week event at the William Mitchell sculptures at Hockley flyover.

I dunno if anyone has been/is going to anything but there is lots of stuff still happening this week, it finishes on Sunday.

didn't the old library have a weatherspoons in it or have i made that up? there was certainly a mcshites from memory.
Do you mean in that sort of arcade next to the library where you could walk through towards the Hall of Memory?
Yes, I think there was a pub, not sure if it was a Wetherspoons.
There was a place where they sold nice baked potatoes though :D

Do you mean in that sort of arcade next to the library where you could walk through towards the Hall of Memory?
Yes, I think there was a pub, not sure if it was a Wetherspoons.
There was a place where they sold nice baked potatoes though :D
yes. that's the one. not in the library but in the same building sort of.

moomoo i didn’t realise the activities had been cancelled. I wonder if that affects the lights at dusk or if that’s automatic?

Will still go & fingers crossed Que Club on to as website doesn’t say closed.
I hope you still got to see it? The evening dusk change was still happening. I haven’t been on here much recently due to just being too busy otherwise would have let you know.

In case you didn’t see it, here’s yet more pics from the sky that were took on Thursday.

DB38112F-5D76-4AA2-8637-A67F9667BC32.jpeg68532615-EDAB-47CB-83A3-97FFE6E17F9D.jpegEFE0C808-CF82-48EB-AD74-0F0797D0930F.jpegED8F9FC3-1ED3-4A43-9C11-19ABAEAD0AF3.jpegDD19A668-DB68-4F7B-9E6F-558EAAFDA145.jpeg7DEC3875-5847-4BBB-87CA-380BDC3994C3.jpegDF1C4C44-6B49-4FD0-B12C-E58903FDFF36.jpeg4D541E36-E4B4-4DFE-8355-F1E90D2FA3AB.jpeg3A957B40-3288-48D1-89F6-024F4A5DF6E6.jpeg

anyone flown out of Birmingham airport in the last few weeks? any issues with queues or all smooth as you'd expect?

I flew in August and it was fine. Queues were well managed. Much better than it was at Easter. But I have another flight next Friday so if there is any recent intelligence that would be useful!

I flew in August and it was fine. Queues were well managed. Much better than it was at Easter. But I have another flight next Friday so if there is any recent intelligence that would be useful!
cheers. I'm flying out in about 4 weeks so was just wondering. where are you away to?

cybershot love your photos. Happy to report I was able to revisit in the evening. Everyone who I know went raved about it. The lights that were arched over on long thin poles gave my partner ideas for a gathering we are having in November.

Sister in law went to Dublin and back last week - she feared the worse - but it was effortless and slick in getting through the security etc etc . (she had allowed 3 hours and had time on her hands accordingly)

Sister in law went to Dublin and back last week - she feared the worse - but it was effortless and slick in getting through the security etc etc . (she had allowed 3 hours and had time on her hands accordingly)
Oooh thanks for the update.

My flight is at 4, been debating what time to get there for so that's good news

Would have liked to have seen that one!

Leicester had a lovely old central library I used to like to go to as a kid. Don't expect that's there now either.

I don't know when this pic was taken, but it was more or less like this last time I saw it. I've a feeling it's moved.

View attachment 342598
Nope. It's still there, but it doubles up as community centre, art gallery and connects to the adult education college.

Back
Top Bottom