Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A Birmingham and Black Country thread for all things Brummie and Yam-Yam

Down that end of town I like Mythos, Kyoto sushi, Keg and Grill. I know you didn't want curry but the Keg is great.

ETA recent reviews for Kyoto look terrible! I haven't been for a while so perhaps give that a miss.

Mid range, independent, bookable tables and not too far of a walk from the electric.

Cuisine wise fairy open apart from not into curry for lunch. Another idea was Franco manca but that looks like turn up only.

Perhaps I should chance it but my friend is travelling in so I want to reduce the stress. Will keep Isaacs booked for time being. Have you been beesonthewhatnow ?
I’ve not been yet, but everyone I know who has raved about it :)

Reactions: MBV
Did the Christmas market on Tuesday evening. It's massively downscaled and nowhere near the size it once was. Which is a good thing imo.
Nearly all of it is food and drink through. Very little tat on sale. Which again is probably a good thing.

Got harassed (too strong a word maybe) by lots of beggars though which after a while gets a bit frustrating. If they asked for food or drink or accepted the offer of one I might be a bit more obliging, but by the 10th or 15th time I was getting pissed off with them that I just said "no" as soon as I saw them approaching.

Imo, the German Market has had it's day. Would like to Victorian Market or something but I know Worcester has been doing that for donkeys now and I guess you don't piss off your neighbours at Christmas.

I did the market last week. Its a nice atmosphere in there this time, very relaxed and friendly. It was tipping down tho so we had to retire to the Trocadero (best pub in Brum imo) and had a look at the new spoons which was nothing special and can't even deal with a pigeon :D ideal location though to time your trains

Would like to Victorian Market or something but I know Worcester has been doing that for donkeys now and I guess you don't piss off your neighbours at Christmas.

I went to the Worcester Christmas fair this afternoon. Not sure there was much "Victorian" about it, although once it's dark they open "Gin alley" which is about 40 yards of Victorian tarts and pick pockets and quite good fun TBH.

Sadly no sign of the German and French food/drink stalls (from the towns they are twinned with) that there used to be.

Overall it was definitely worth the mile and a half I had to travel to get there.

Soho Road live updates as man dies and two injured in triple stabbing

This sounds really nasty. It's ground the whole area to a halt from Handsworth Library to nearly by the Albion ground. We had the baby's body found in the garden over Clarence Rd too. Its getting really grim round here.

Yeah there's been a lot of sad news lately. That stabbing is awful. I'm just resigned to it round here now. I've never felt personally unsafe so it's never bothered me in that way. It's more the relentless association of the area with violence that brings me down. I like it here, my neighbours are lovely, people are friendly, it's busy and buzzing, but if I had kids especially boys I might think quite differently about it.

what's so awful is that it happened in the middle of the club. in the olden days it'd be a few punches thrown and that'd be it. shocking waste of life.
Yes indeed, times have changed.
I believe two have been arrested, one in Brum and the other in London. Can't imagine why they would want to do something like that :(

Yes indeed, times have changed.
I believe two have been arrested, one in Brum and the other in London. Can't imagine why they would want to do something like that :(
I'd like to think it wasn't premeditated and that he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

license for thr crane had been suspended for 28 days. probably wise in short term but remains to be seen if they can convince the council and police they are safe to reopen.

anyone ever been to thr club? not one I'm familiar with.

I did think it hadn't been open long - that article says October. Is 3 months from opening to permanent closure some sort of record?

I've been trying to find the letter that the owners of Lab11 wrote to support the licence being revoked - apparently it was published on BCC's website. There's some extracts from it on Birmingham Mail's website. Seems they are very unhappy. I've been to Lab11 a few times, it's a great venue.

Back
Top Bottom