Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

A Birmingham and Black Country thread for all things Brummie and Yam-Yam

ooh, that looks quite good, might go to that - i used to go to the eclipse in cov every week for years, and also the amnesia house parties in the ryton car plant as well. it was a bit rough back then - i was dancing in a club in hillfields when some balaclava'd up dudes ran in firing guns at the ceiling and throwing tear gas cannisters. anyway, sorry for derail, as for cov now, its a bit of a wasteland tbh - though i did see guatemalan singer/cellist mabe fratti there a while back, she was pretty good. there's also a vegan chippy there. which is nice.

it's the kind of thing that tends to get extended due to popular demand, so I'll keep an eye on it.

this looks great, but is closing the week before my visit. :(

This of any interest?

I live in cov but to be honest it is not exactly full of "tourist attractions" for visitors :D i think most obvious things have already been suggested by others.

Are you in cov for any particular reason? Like work or a football match?

Are you in cov for any particular reason? Like work or a football match?
I've just always wanted to go round the cathedral, so we decided to go for an overnight there. Seems to be lots going on with the biennial / city of culture so I think we'll find enough to keep us entertained - those event and listing websites often miss interesting stuff though...

I've just always wanted to go round the cathedral, so we decided to go for an overnight there. Seems to be lots going on with the biennial / city of culture so I think we'll find enough to keep us entertained - those event and listing websites often miss interesting stuff though...
Ok well if i hear of anything else i will post it up.

Was going to suggest the "assembly festival garden" (an events tent - part of city of culture) but apparently its temp closed until spring 2022 now.

No Metro for the Christmas run in, great stuff. Traders in Brum must be pulling their hair out by now. What an absolute shambles.

No Metro for the Christmas run in, great stuff. Traders in Brum must be pulling their hair out by now. What an absolute shambles.
I've just seen that too. What a bloody disaster the tram has been lately.

Oh for fucks sake :facepalm:

A 'isn't Birminghams public transport offer shit'whinge:

We had to pop over to Solihull from Worcestershire this morning, no dramas on the M42, all quick and wonderfully smooth. Having done our business we thought we'd pop into Birmingham on the way- do a bit of shopping, grab some lunch, expose our children - for whom Bewdley is a bustling metropolis - to a bit of city life and go round the indoor markets pointing a stuff and going what the fuck is that??!! etc..

We're driving in on the A45, not the smallest road in Birmingham - though one I don't know - and one I thought would avail me of some park and ride opportunities. I don't particularly fancy driving into town, I like the convenience and hippy shit of public transport/park and ride.

But no. Not one.

So instead I end up driving right into town, and because it's busy, I spent an hour driving slowly, at about maximum pollution settings, trying to find a parking space. Bull ring, Moor street, Arcadia and all the rest..

In the end, we just chinned it off and went home.

Birmingham doesn't really do park and ride. It requires a lot of space to build a car park. But you pass a lot of train stations along the A45. And the airport which has trains to the city about every 5 minutes.

Birmingham doesn't really do park and ride. It requires a lot of space to build a car park. But you pass a lot of train stations along the A45. And the airport which has trains to the city about every 5 minutes.

But how would I know that?

I wouldn't expect you to know. But a Google search for "park and ride Birmingham" gives you all the information required

There must be some on here who went to the University or went to gigs there.

The one I always wished I was at was the legendary Joy Division gig (their last). Anyway, if anyone can help with this the contact email is below.

From Birmingham Music Archive:

Calling all students, graduates, staff and attendees who visited, studied or worked at the University of Birmingham!
The Birmingham Music Archive has a new exhibition launching in March called Ceremony: Pop Comes to Campus. It's about the history of popular music at the University of Birmingham campus. We'll be highlighting the musicians like Sister Bliss & Joan Armatrading who studied there, the music industry entrepreneurs like Jon Webster & Mo Jones and the bands who played there like Joy Division The Cure Black Sabbath The Who and so many more.
We'd love to hear from you if you studied at UoB, played there, saw bands there, booked bands or DJs to perform or if you have any connection to music at UoB! We'd especially like to hear from you if you have photos, posters, flyers, tickets, news cuttings etc that we might be able to use in the exhibition.
Get in involved, get in touch! My email is jez@birminghammusicarchive.com

There must be some on here who went to the University or went to gigs there.

The one I always wished I was at was the legendary Joy Division gig (their last). Anyway, if anyone can help with this the contact email is below.

From Birmingham Music Archive:

Calling all students, graduates, staff and attendees who visited, studied or worked at the University of Birmingham!
The Birmingham Music Archive has a new exhibition launching in March called Ceremony: Pop Comes to Campus. It's about the history of popular music at the University of Birmingham campus. We'll be highlighting the musicians like Sister Bliss & Joan Armatrading who studied there, the music industry entrepreneurs like Jon Webster & Mo Jones and the bands who played there like Joy Division The Cure Black Sabbath The Who and so many more.
We'd love to hear from you if you studied at UoB, played there, saw bands there, booked bands or DJs to perform or if you have any connection to music at UoB! We'd especially like to hear from you if you have photos, posters, flyers, tickets, news cuttings etc that we might be able to use in the exhibition.
Get in involved, get in touch! My email is jez@birminghammusicarchive.com
Music at UoB you say :hmm:

Send me a PM.

Back
Top Bottom