Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

My dear departed Radar was like that too, he was quite mouthy and vocal as a kitten but when he was about a year old he was quite ill with something that caused a lot of throat inflammation (very worrying at the time) and almost completely lost his voice for the rest of his life.

He had a little squeak that he would occasionally make, and he did the "so happy to see you!" brrrrrrp cat trilling thing, and the "I want to kill birds akakakakakak" hunting/teeth-chattering noise, but he never miaowed again.

Our lovely Stan's having an op tomorrow to try to remove some of the large tumour on his head. Given his age, they have no idea how successful it will be, whether the wound will heal up properly, whether he'll still have an ear, or even if he'll make it out of anaesthetic. Just about to remove his food, in preparation. Quite terrified, really.

IMG_0881.jpg

Our lovely Stan's having an op tomorrow to try to remove some of the large tumour on his head. Given his age, they have no idea how successful it will be, whether the wound will heal up properly, whether he'll still have an ear, or even if he'll make it out of anaesthetic. Just about to remove his food, in preparation. Quite terrified, really.

View attachment 323148

Oh no, poor wee lovely sunflower.

Massive worry I know.

Much love to Stan and you and waxoyl

I hope he gets through the surgery OK, I understand that worry and all my love to you.

View attachment 323148
I'll be thinking of you both today.

View attachment 323148
Scrolling down when I saw the picture first I proper LOL'd, but then I read your post. Rooting for Stan and hope it went/or will go well today.

Stan’s home, one ear completely removed and a with a fierce lion cut for summer. He looks like a gremlin.

Currently trying to navigate his food bowl with a hard collar on, but will be off to bed with some gabapentin shortly. They’ve removed what they could of the tumour, but there’s nowhere to go if it comes back. But then he’s nearly 17, so we’ll just enjoy whatever time we have left.

Thanks for all your good wishes, much appreciated xx

Stan’s home, one ear completely removed and a with a fierce lion cut for summer. He looks like a gremlin.

Currently trying to navigate his food bowl with a hard collar on, but will be off to bed with some gabapentin shortly. They’ve removed what they could of the tumour, but there’s nowhere to go if it comes back. But then he’s nearly 17, so we’ll just enjoy whatever time we have left.

Very relieved to hear that he made it through the surgery and anaesthetic - every bit of time you can have with them is precious and yes he is an old boy now, but I've always thought losing them during surgery must be particularly distressing for their humans.
I hope his recovery goes well and that you get a lot longer to enjoy him in his (hopefully healthy!) dotage.

Bless his heart xx

The vet couldn't find Acapulco a surgical vest that fit because he is a "big boy" apparently, he is on a diet now. But I think the cone being off balances it out.

Sorry about Stan's ear but hopefully that's the tumour fecked off for good. Feel better soon Stanny boy!

Very best wishes.

Back
Top Bottom