Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

:)

one of my (some time ago) colleagues had a 'wobbly' cat who sadly didn't live all that long :(

Aww, that's a shame. They typically have a normal life expectancy (as indoor cats, they are more at risk than your average cat if roaming outdoors), but of course that isn't always the case. Fortunately it is not a painful or distressing condition for them and with some adjustments to help them get around they can live really good and happy lives :)

Pip, had some teeth removed today and an enema. £400 thank you very much...

And dental decay not covered by the insurance policy...View attachment 322124

God yeah dental work - pricey stuff that.

Jakey has had all of his bar his lower canines out over the years, and of my old deceased cats, Sonic had more than half of his out during his life (including his upper left fang, which made him look a bit wonky for the rest of his life bless him!)

The other one, Radar's, were ok for most of his life, but about a year before he died he developed an auto-immune condition where his immune system started attacking the roots of his teeth and he had to have every tooth removed except his canines in one long surgery, which was a bit nerve wracking, long time to be under GA, especially for an older cat. He did have insurance and that was actually covered as it wasn't decay, it was an auto-immune thing that caused it so with evidence from the vet they paid that one - but yeah a lot of more routine dental work isn't covered.

I hope Pip recovers quickly - adorable looking cat, although understandably not looking too impressed right now, bless xx

Even so, I'd still heartily recommend insurance - Radar and Sonic I had from when they were kittens and were both insured, we got Jakey when he was a bit older and didn't as they were going to charge us a fair bit more than for the others, so we decided against - would have come in handy though. In future I will definitely insure any cat the day I get it.

God yeah dental work - pricey stuff that.

Jakey has had all of his bar his lower canines out over the years, and of my old deceased cats, Sonic had more than half of his out during his life (including his upper left fang, which made him look a bit wonky for the rest of his life bless him!)

The other one, Radar's, were ok for most of his life, but about a year before he died he developed an auto-immune condition where his immune system started attacking the roots of his teeth and he had to have every tooth removed except his canines in one long surgery, which was a bit nerve wracking, long time to be under GA, especially for an older cat. He did have insurance and that was actually covered as it wasn't decay, it was an auto-immune thing that caused it so with evidence from the vet they paid that one - but yeah a lot of more routine dental work isn't covered.

I hope Pip recovers quickly - adorable looking cat, although understandably not looking too impressed right now, bless xx

Even so, I'd still heartily recommend insurance - Radar and Sonic I had from when they were kittens and were both insured, we got Jakey when he was a bit older and didn't as they were going to charge us a fair bit more than for the others, so we decided against - would have come in handy though. In future I will definitely insure any cat the day I get it.
Thanks for the good wishes. Yes both or ours are insured, but dental decay isn't covered and I think thats a fairly standard thing.

Rogue not keen on letting Akiro into the block

win2-1.jpg

win1-1.jpg

win3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom