Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

In Beijing where my mother in law is, people have to get tested every blimmin 48 hours to get a green pass to go out, otherwise lockdown.
Here we see how it impacts on two Beijing cats. Not loading well, you have to hit the attachment. (Beyond my skill set to suss this).

Edit, this is a little film, apologies it doesn't seem to want to play.

Attachments

• IMG_0289.MOV
    2 MB
Last edited:
In Beijing where my mother in law is, people have to get tested every blimmin 48 hours to get a green pass to go out, otherwise lockdown.
Here we see how it impacts on two Beijing cats. Not loading well, you have to hit the attachment. (Beyond my skill set to suss this).

Edit, this is a little film, apologies it doesn't seem to want to play.

Cant open file. 😕

Letting the cats out for the first time since we moved yesterday, which was a bit nerve racking. Especially as it didn't take Odin long until he was on the garage roof and over into other gardens and out of site. Still he came back, thank god. Let him out this morning and was sat drinking my morning tea when I heard wailing. I went to investigate and saw him and a burley looking white cat having words with each other. Watched on by another. Lots of neighbours. He's just gone out again. I told him he should take the dog.

1652601572854.png

Letting the cats out for the first time since we moved yesterday, which was a bit nerve racking. Especially as it didn't take Odin long until he was on the garage roof and over into other gardens and out of site. Still he came back, thank god. Let him out this morning and was sat drinking my morning tea when I heard wailing. I went to investigate and saw him and a burley looking white cat having words with each other. Watched on by another. Lots of neighbours. He's just gone out again. I told him he should take the dog.

View attachment 322711

Always a nervous moment but I’m sure you’re relieved that it’s done. 🙂

Took Kizzy to vet after her tooth/fang incident
All good, some inflammation but healing
They said we should be brushing her teeth every day!!
Does anyone actually do this? And where do you get cat toothbrushes from? Ta

Took Kizzy to vet after her tooth/fang incident
All good, some inflammation but healing
They said we should be brushing her teeth every day!!
Does anyone actually do this? And where do you get cat toothbrushes from? Ta

Don't buy an expensive cat toothbrush, go to the supermarket or a pharmacy and get a soft baby's toothbrush (this recommendation is from my vet).

It is absolutely essential though that you do not under any circumstances use human toothpaste for animals, a lot of them contain chemicals that are toxic to cats and dogs.

You can get meat flavoured toothpaste from the vet (or probably cheaper from pets@home/zooplus/petdrugsonline etc)- put a bit on the brush, let the cat kind of chew it a bit.

Last edited:
Don't buy an expensive cat toothbrush, go to the supermarket or a pharmacy and get a soft baby's toothbrush (this recommendation is from my vet).

It is absolutely essential though that you do not under any circumstances use human toothpaste for animals, a lot of them contain chemicals that are toxic to cats and dogs.

You can get meat flavoured toothpaste from the vet (or probably cheaper from pets@home/zooplus/petdrugsonline etc)- put a bit on the brush, let the cat kind of chew it a bit.

I should add that obviously I was not very diligent about it myself, having had 3 cats with only about half a full mouth of teeth between them by the time they got to 12. :( (Although in my defence, one of those cats had an auto-immune condition that caused dental issues, it wasn't decay that caused him to lose them).

presumably the pack has a disclaimer that they do not accept responsibility if this happens

I would lose a fucking eye trying to do that.

i can't imagine the mogs i used to live with taking kindly to the idea. both had white ears, and i did follow vet's advice to put sun-block on for them. i still have a scar from this incident...

Caught a relatively rare Vastra noise on camera

Old departed Whiskers was like that - very quiet/dainty meows and rasps to her people.

Which made it all the more surprising when I found that the absolutely awful/ear-splitting cat in an oil barrel-type yowling/growling noises that I'd always attributed to the other cat she was regularly fighting out in the garden at night came actually from her..! :oops:

Back
Top Bottom