Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

When i put the dustbins out this evening, both kitteh from flat downstairs and kitteh from next door were outside and requesting pettings. I managed to achieve simultaneous pettings for possibly the second time in a few years (they don't get on all that well)

We're not sure. Seems healthier when he first turned up. Eyes looking better too.

Not pet cat healthy yet but hopefully if he gets some of the food we put out and uses our shelters in bad weather he will perk up.
That's cool of you. I think he might have worms/fleas which would be stopping him putting weight on, if you can I wonder if it's worth reporting to a local cat charity that have a no-euthanasia policy. Sorry if that sounds a bit - I don't know, you're probably doing what you can. I just worry about kitties!

Met this gorgeous yellow-eyed stunner on the way back from the school run this morning, friendly as anything and really beautiful - never seen that pale marbled colouring before :) I didn't fall for the hand trap though, one never knows :hmm:

View attachment 321094
View attachment 321095
View attachment 321096

I'm going to take a stab at the colour and say smoke black/red tortie and white.

Although the pigmented areas look paler than a normal black/red tortie, I think in this case it is due to the smoke gene which limits pigment production to the very tips of the hairs and then cuts off as the hair grows so most of the hair apart from the coloured tip is white.

She's certainly a gorgeous and unusual looking creature!

Oooh they are gorgeous Callie

Is Alfie a cream point? His eyes are a gorgeous contrast to his coat, absolutely stunning :)
Bertie looks a bit pissed off bless him :D

Is the catsitting something you do for friends, or is it a profession?

Just for friends. It started as dog sitting for my boss then expanded to other colleagues and family. Then most people either moved away or sadly the dogs passed on. Now it's just these two that very occasionally need sitting.

I can't recall the technically what colour Alfie is. His colored bits are quite gingery but yes he does have the most beautiful eyes 😻

They're so fancy!

Just for friends. It started as dog sitting for my boss then expanded to other colleagues and family. Then most people either moved away or sadly the dogs passed on. Now it's just these two that very occasionally need sitting.

I can't recall the technically what colour Alfie is. His colored bits are quite gingery but yes he does have the most beautiful eyes 😻

They're so fancy!

That's really good! I don't go away much, but when we went on our honeymoon our Radar (may he rest in peace, this was a long time ago now) was still a kitten and a friend stayed at ours for the duration to house sit and kitten sit for us - Radar was a right little horror (his whole life bless him) and chewed through the phone cable (landline) and stole my friend's glasses - he is extremely short sighted and could not see a thing without them - and generally terrorised him :D

I was very grateful to have someone I trusted to come and look after him while we were away for a few days, and my friend got the benefit of a London flat for the week so could actually go out in the evenings with friends instead of worrying about whether he would miss the last train home or have to ask for a sofa to kip on.

I think Lilith was having a dream like that the other day, due to her tail twitching!

My Radar used to have nightmares sometimes - he'd be fast asleep and start making little whimpering/crying noises and then he'd get the fear mohawk thing along the spine and his tail would puff up and he'd wake up in a start, panting and whining.

I don't know what could possibly upset him that much, except that he was separated from his mother too young (we were lied to about his age and at that time didn't know any better, he was probably 6 weeks old when we got him which is just not right). The others I've had who we got when they were older (Sonic at 13 weeks which is the minimum age for GCCF registered kittens to go to new homes, and 1 year for Jakey) never had that nightmare thing going on.

Back
Top Bottom