Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Oh yeah! :D

Poor thing got shut in spare room last night until I heard her cry whilst in bed and went to let her out!

I once took in a neighbours cat during an unexpected storm (found him trying to take shelter under a moped and he followed me into the block when I was on my way home!) - he stayed for a couple of hours cos the weather was really dreadful then went back out once the weather had improved a bit. It was a cat I knew btw and I knew his human and where he lived.

Chloe and Bella snuggling up

IMG-20191124-120631.jpg

PXL-20220505-145149818.jpg

Someone on Saltoun Rd has asked to borrow my cat to catch the mice in her flat. Does this sound practical? If I took the cat there she would definitely enjoy exploring the whole place, but would she smell the mice and go into hunting mode? The mice presumably have hiding places which the cat wouldn't fit into. I don't see how it would work. Apparently every kind of humane trap has been tried.

Someone on Saltoun Rd has asked to borrow my cat to catch the mice in her flat. Does this sound practical? If I took the cat there she would definitely enjoy exploring the whole place, but would she smell the mice and go into hunting mode? The mice presumably have hiding places which the cat wouldn't fit into. I don't see how it would work. Apparently every kind of humane trap has been tried.
No. I would not farm any of my cats out.
Cats do not like change.

Mine loves new places and travel if we're together. She also likes exploring other people's houses on her own, so long as there are no cats there. I'll probably take her to this person's house just for the adventure, but I doubt she'll catch anything

Mine loves new places and travel if we're together. She also likes exploring other people's houses on her own, so long as there are no cats there. I'll probably take her to this person's house just for the adventure, but I doubt she'll catch anything
I've never owned a cat that likes change or new surroundings ( when I've moved) so you've answered your own question.

Update on my two week mission to feed feral Harry whilst Wendy and Mick are away.
I have been like clockwork at 8am and 5pm.
Harry has gone from fearful to wary. When I turn up he walks towards me talking quite a lot, but still won’t eat until I move away, but in preparation today he came close and allowed two strokes.
There had been a mystery when I found a foil food container, and his bowl refilled, but I saw Wendy’s neighbour Eddie putting out his bins and he said he had fed Harry a bit because he knew Wendy and Mick were away.
This picture shows Harry prepared to get quite close to me.

3547D928-91AC-4941-88ED-8B89DE349832.jpeg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom