Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

My daughter's cat went missing yesterday.

We hunted around, no sign.

My daughter put a 'missing cat' notice up on face book. Someone contacted her to say that a workman who had being doing some work for her, had rung to say, that when he got out of the van at the depot, a cat got out and ran away. In Glasgow, thirty five miles away. :eek:

Daughter heads through to depot, calls cat's name, cat comes running and is on it's way home. :)

That was a proper three-act story. 😊

Update: The wayward moggie has hung very close to home today, and is ravenous. :)

Her doggie friend didn't much like the smell of her, but he has bathed her and they are now together in the dog's bed. Dog is a lab/greyhound cross, he's a beauty. He has the deep lab chest, but lighter bodied from the hound, narrower face than a lab.

Frida was at the vet on Tuesday for some dental work. Needed seven teeth extracting :(

Been a bit of a rollercoaster, was fine on wednesday but only ate half her breakfast on Thursday so only got half the dose of metacam (pain relief) and didn't eat in the evening. Only had a tiny amount to eat on Friday morning but was in for a post op check that afternoon anyway.

has an infection which i thought might have happened and why she stopped eating as it was painful.

They gave her that days metacam and antibiotics and she ate loads that evening and was really affectionate in a way she isn't often. Playing with toys as well.

today she had breakfast then something freaked her out, i don't know if she was just in pain but she hid then went outside. Came back in the afternoon though and ate so i got both metacam and antibiotics done and she's been really affectionate and playful since.

was concerned that she'd be in a loop of too much pain to eat that's how i get the metacam in her to stop the pain so it just gets worse but hopefully she will be fine tomorrow and then she's back for another check on Monday.

Here she is with her latest "kill". The box next to her has bubble wrap and was meant to be going up to the attic but the cats have been enjoying it so you know it's not going anywhere for the moment.

IMG_20220122_192410667.jpg

Frida was at the vet on Tuesday for some dental work. Needed seven teeth extracting :(

Been a bit of a rollercoaster, was fine on wednesday but only ate half her breakfast on Thursday so only got half the dose of metacam (pain relief) and didn't eat in the evening. Only had a tiny amount to eat on Friday morning but was in for a post op check that afternoon anyway.

has an infection which i thought might have happened and why she stopped eating as it was painful.

They gave her that days metacam and antibiotics and she ate loads that evening and was really affectionate in a way she isn't often. Playing with toys as well.

today she had breakfast then something freaked her out, i don't know if she was just in pain but she hid then went outside. Came back in the afternoon though and ate so i got both metacam and antibiotics done and she's been really affectionate and playful since.

was concerned that she'd be in a loop of too much pain to eat that's how i get the metacam in her to stop the pain so it just gets worse but hopefully she will be fine tomorrow and then she's back for another check on Monday.

Here she is with her latest "kill". The box next to her has bubble wrap and was meant to be going up to the attic but the cats have been enjoying it so you know it's not going anywhere for the moment.

View attachment 307043

Worrying about how much they are eating and how to get medication into them is just the absolute worst :(

I hope she feels much better tomorrow, in my experience they do tend to heal fairly quickly after dental surgery - obviously an infection is an added complication but it sounds like you are on top of it - call the vet at the first sign of anything further going wrong or if she goes off her food again. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon. Best wishes to her xx

Worrying about how much they are eating and how to get medication into them is just the absolute worst :(

I hope she feels much better tomorrow, in my experience they do tend to heal fairly quickly after dental surgery - obviously an infection is an added complication but it sounds like you are on top of it - call the vet at the first sign of anything further going wrong or if she goes off her food again. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon. Best wishes to her xx

Yeah she seems good at the moment, just needs the metacam to keep the pain down.

If she hadn't of been in on Friday anyway i would have been on the phone as soon as she didn't eat breakfast and I will do if she doesn't eat tomorrow, but i think she'll be fine.

Chloe Bear. The vet thinks one of Chloe's parents might have been a British Shorthair due to her big size.

cb.jpg

Slowly. Farthing by farthing. The penny is starting to drop with "the boys" regarding the automatic feeders. Whilst downstairs Casper is starting to associate the biscuit payout noise with food and its going to eat but Clive the glutton isn't quite there yet

It's morning feed that's more troublesome, they can both hear the biscuits falling, just not made the leap yet

Slowly. Farthing by farthing. The penny is starting to drop with "the boys" regarding the automatic feeders. Whilst downstairs Casper is starting to associate the biscuit payout noise with food and its going to eat but Clive the glutton isn't quite there yet

It's morning feed that's more troublesome, they can both hear the biscuits falling, just not made the leap yet

Once they are used to it, it will be very useful if you ever need to leave them overnight - I wouldn't recommend longer than that without a pet sitter, but if they know they are getting fed from the automatic feeder in the evening and the morning then it takes the immediate pressure off you while you are at home and asleep (and a cat wanting food can be very persistent and sometimes painful!) but it also means you can leave them overnight if need be.

Vastra managed to get tangled up in my headset cable during a meeting, though luckily my microphone and camera were off. Her back legs kept getting caught and eventually she did this big run up to leap over it. Or she could have, you know, just walked behind my chair. :facepalm:

My Jakey is a big old clunky uncoordinated idiot - none of the other cats I've had have ever had problems daintily picking their feet up to traverse eg. a mouse or headset cable.

Jakey though seems to turn getting tangled in such things into an artform, he wails mournfully while I unplug everything and untangle it all from around his legs.

I don't ever leave him alone with cables plugged in to stuff just in case.

This is Esteé. She's nine years old and arrived on Saturday morning; her previous owner could no longer look after her, so I said I would take her. She's had a life of moving flat and being looked after by different people.

Esteé s.jpg

She won't allow herself to be touched, she's barely eaten or drunk anything since Saturday morning, and she's spent all but an hour or so under the bed. I'm hoping that leaving her to get used to things without interference will work, but I'm quite worried at the lack of eating and drinking. She's been to the litter tray twice (she knows where it is) and she knows where the food and water are. I tried putting a bowl under the bed, but she wouldn't touch it.

Back
Top Bottom