Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Akiro having breakfast in front of an audience

ak3.jpg

Called the vet for Roguey's annual vaccination. Usually in December but told vaccinations in short supply so the next date they booked was 25 January...

Sonic was due his vaccinations in July and still has only had the FeLV jab so far. That is the one they need annually as the immunity it gives wanes after that, some places do the others on a longer schedule anyway - my vet assured me that as Sonic has been vaccinated annually since kittenhood that he has good long-lasting immunity at this point to the other diseases commonly vaccinated for, and delaying it until next year is not an issue. I think they are prioritising kitten jabs and boosters as those young cats will have no immunity otherwise, which made sense once it was explained to me.

Sonic was due his vaccinations in July and still has only had the FeLV jab so far. That is the one they need annually as the immunity it gives wanes after that, some places do the others on a longer schedule anyway - my vet assured me that as Sonic has been vaccinated annually since kittenhood that he has good long-lasting immunity at this point to the other diseases commonly vaccinated for, and delaying it until next year is not an issue. I think they are prioritising kitten jabs and boosters as those young cats will have no immunity otherwise, which made sense once it was explained to me.

I'm not too concerned as the girls are primarily indoor cats. I mostly get them vaccinated because catteries wont accept cats without vaccinations.

Who get's there pet's flea treatment online? Frankly it's a a faff fitting in any life admin these days and it would be much easier if the pets stuff was just posted like I get my own. I've been looking at some of the web sites that sell the products and they want a script. How does that work? Do you still have to go to the vet and get it? I feel awkward as obviously it's cheaper as well, but that's not the main reason I'm doing it. Once you have the script can you keep ordering or do you have to get a script each time, thereby defeating some of the convenience? Cross post to hit the dog and cat thread.

I'm not too concerned as the girls are primarily indoor cats. I mostly get them vaccinated because catteries wont accept cats without vaccinations.
Are you going away for Christmas? Because just so you know, I just tried to get Lilith booked into a cattery from 24th - 27th as I'm visiting my mum, and everywhere in London is fully booked. Thankfully my housemate said he'll feed her while I'm away. But I thought I should tell you so you can have the chance to make other arrangements.

Who get's there pet's flea treatment online? Frankly it's a a faff fitting in any life admin these days and it would be much easier if the pets stuff was just posted like I get my own. I've been looking at some of the web sites that sell the products and they want a script. How does that work? Do you still have to go to the vet and get it? I feel awkward as obviously it's cheaper as well, but that's not the main reason I'm doing it. Once you have the script can you keep ordering or do you have to get a script each time, thereby defeating some of the convenience? Cross post to hit the dog and cat thread.

We just use the advantage spot on treatment from Pets at Home, £4 per pet per month. They have a subscription service so send it to you every month, which is good because for us the problem is remembering to do it, so now we just do it when it comes through the door. As they say the important thing is doing it regularly each month, then if you do get some fleas making their way in, you disrupt their lifecycle and they can't breed more. Never had a problem using that product, and you don't need a prescription.

We just use the advantage spot on treatment from Pets at Home, £4 per pet per month. They have a subscription service so send it to you every month, which is good because for us the problem is remembering to do it, so now we just do it when it comes through the door. As they say the important thing is doing it regularly each month, then if you do get some fleas making their way in, you disrupt their lifecycle and they can't breed more. Never had a problem using that product, and you don't need a prescription.

That's really cheap!

Are you going away for Christmas? Because just so you know, I just tried to get Lilith booked into a cattery from 24th - 27th as I'm visiting my mum, and everywhere in London is fully booked. Thankfully my housemate said he'll feed her while I'm away. But I thought I should tell you so you can have the chance to make other arrangements.

got no holiday booked. so all good. the vet receptionist said they are prioritising kittens at the moment

Back
Top Bottom