Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Working from home last few days. I got the surprise of my life to find a cat on the sofa. This is not my cat. What suprised me the most is that our cat flap is meant to stop this. His owner was posting on Facebook this morning asking people not to feed him. Fair enough, but in the past when the doors been open he comes in and helps himself! We call him Sid.

IMG_20211201_140620.jpg

Last edited:
Chewy has achieved the next stage of relaxation: barrelling around the house at 2am chasing shadows :D It's so funny to see her try to corner on her short legs. It's like a Tokyo Drift :D She's clearly an Essex cat through and through.

ION we collected our lovely Oshawott's ashes yesterday so there were lots of tears. We are going to scatter them in her favourite spot in the garden, but sentimentally I think we will wait until spring. The thought of her out there in the cold is too much :(

So here's a random one, gift ideas for someone who loves cats? Not breaking the bank, but feel I need something my partners mum and should probably do better this year then a few bottles of cheap plonk.

If I feed either of our boys raw meat offcuts while I’m cooking, instead of eating it straight from the bowl they tend to hook it out and eat it off the floor. Very odd 🙂

Madam has always done much the same with meat trimmings but since she's gone on to the special diet, I have noticed she has started carefully pulling food out of the feeder and eating on the old dishtowel/mat I put down to protect the floor. Usually one type at a time, favourite first, then the next and lastly the stuff she doesn't take so well to (even when mixed with the gravy from second favourite) but will eat over the course of a few hours.

I've got plenty of old dishtowels, so I now just change them daily with feeder/water and wash them, so its no great bother.

Charlie has got it sussed.
You can put a cover on when I'm done.
View attachment 298735

A couple of old shots of Madam, where she shouldn't be, enjoying a bit of soft warmness:

308675980_e9e8815193_b.jpg

259840913_5fae5bec1f_b.jpg

:)

Chewy has achieved the next stage of relaxation: barrelling around the house at 2am chasing shadows :D It's so funny to see her try to corner on her short legs. It's like a Tokyo Drift :D She's clearly an Essex cat through and through.

ION we collected our lovely Oshawott's ashes yesterday so there were lots of tears. We are going to scatter them in her favourite spot in the garden, but sentimentally I think we will wait until spring. The thought of her out there in the cold is too much :(
((Polly))X
I got my dogs paw prints through the post and some sunflowers seeds to plant in spring from vets. Howled for hours. Got up this morning with happy birthday wishes for her from pets at home, cue more tears.

((Polly))X
I got my dogs paw prints through the post and some sunflowers seeds to plant in spring from vets. Howled for hours. Got up this morning with happy birthday wishes for her from pets at home, cue more tears.

I found it really cathartic when I got the sympathy card from the vet with Radar's pawprint in it through the post a few days after he died. Lay curled up on the floor sobbing like a child for ages, but I did feel a bit better afterwards. And I cherish the pawprint still.

((Polly))X

I'm so sorry :( Happy birthday to her x

Vets have got much slicker at this kind of thing. I remember having a cat put down by a vet who six months later sent me a reminder to get her teeth checked. Was furious!

Back
Top Bottom