Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Took a while, but finally taken delivery of my cat Budha :D

bud.jpg

I cannot get Jakey off my lap this afternoon, it is fucking boiling and I am horribly uncomfortable and really don't need 5kg of beautiful soft warming fluffy fur making me sweat. He is not having it though, he is determined to be on my lap. Am sitting here overheating.

she does this funny little thing with her paws like kneading dough

That's a very, very good sign - kneading is an instinctive behaviour, most associated with kittens stimulating milk from their mother but in older cats, it has all sorts of affection/bonding/attention/comfort/home associations - pretty much its a sign you are becoming their nearest and dearest.

It can however also be a sign of coming into heat in female cats, is she done?

That's a very, very good sign - kneading is an instinctive behaviour, most associated with kittens stimulating milk from their mother but in older cats, it has all sorts of affection/bonding/attention/comfort/home associations.

It can however also be a sign of coming into heat in female cats, is she done?
She is still very very nervous but improved a lot, curious about the open back door and smell of outside too, not tried to go through it yet

Yes both done before we got them
Need to give Misty her flea treatment too, worried about her reaction to being picked up and the neck thing
No issue with Kizzy's frontline

But yeah cats have various behaviours that they exhibit both when they feel comfortable, or when they are uncomfortable but want to feel comfortable - positive feedback, you know like they say if you force a smile it can improve your mood? So mixing puddings can signal either comfort or trying to be comfortable. The fact she is out from hiding and doing it in view is a really positive thing, she's kind of reassuring herself when she does that. (They first do that motion to stimulate the flow of milk from their mother, so it is a reminder of safety and comfort and a full belly)

Not impressed with the heat. Which tbf I'm not either. I've spent most of the week in our home office, which is the hottest room in the house. It's also upstairs and I can't open the window more then a crack as these two idiots try and walk out the window, despite the back door being open downstairs.

IMG_20210720_084718.jpg

This is chimney. He was a stray and is now a pub cat. He has had at least 2 strokes and has been mauled by foxes. He is 20. +View attachment 279868
Incredible.

Last time I was in Amsterdam I met a cat called Goldie, had about 2 teeth and a similar life history, residing in a cafe and surrounding establishments. He just oozed a mad cat life.

He loved me and, I was later informed he never does, sat on my lap.

Back
Top Bottom