Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I wish I was allowed to yawn with such impunity.

L3hV218.jpeg

Misty hung around for a lot longer last night, lots more strokes but couldn't get her to come on sofa, and eventually ran upstairs as Kizzy was chasing her now and then. Shut door to downstairs so Kizzy was down and Misty was up, she came out from under bed and jumped up on bed and settled next to me! Resting against leg and went to sleep, was weird but cool. She was extending and relaxing her paw and claws in in the air for a while too.

Looked at the paperwork for both again and it says Misty is approx 6 and Kizzy approx 5 so hopefully Misty will keep Kizzy a bit in check when more confident!
MistyBed23Jul21.jpg

Misty hung around for a lot longer last night, lots more strokes but couldn't get her to come on sofa, and eventually ran upstairs as Kizzy was chasing her now and then. Shut door to downstairs so Kizzy was down and Misty was up, she came out from under bed and jumped up on bed and settled next to me! Resting against leg and went to sleep, was weird but cool. She was extending and relaxing her paw and claws in in the air for a while too.

Looked at the paperwork for both again and it says Misty is approx 6 and Kizzy approx 5 so hopefully Misty will keep Kizzy a bit in check when more confident!
View attachment 280347
I'm glad she's finally finding her feet, and feels liberated enough to twitch said feet in the air.

Sad news.
About two weeks ago I posted a picture of my down the road neighbour whose cat Barry would follow him and his three little dogs when they went out, the little cat would turn back at the South Circ.
Sadly I found out this morning that Barry had died because of cancer.
RIP Barry.
John also told me that from the day Barry was taken, his other cat refuses cat food totally, and will only eat ‘human’ food like bits of chicken and suchlike

Last edited:
On a more positive note there was Manor House Gardens and Queen of Lee cat Sadie in her often frequented place. Near the picnickers the fowl the water and in a great vantage point.
Sadie was sporting an even bigger 'do not feed' red token on her collar.
Sadie verses feral Harry from my road would be a good contest because though small she is fearless.
20210725_103818.jpg

Last edited:
It's not nutritious for her so shouldn't replace food, but a little bit as an occasional treat is unlikely to do any harm. Just check it isn't a sweetened oat milk drink, sugar or artificial sweetners are a no-no (and some sweeteners can be quite dangerous). If she likes that sort of thing then goat milk is also usually ok as it is much lower lactose than cows milk, or you can get the little bottles of treat milk specifically for cats so it is lactose-free (the one I can think of is made by Whiskas but there may be others) - again anything like this is firmly in occasional treat territory and shouldn't replace any part of the diet.

Cows milk usually isn't tolerated well by cats so avoid that.

Also, what do more experienced cat owners think about giving a kitten oat milk? She really likes it, is it good for her?
Cats like lots of things that are bad for them so I would ignore that they like something. Oats do not sound like something a cat would naturally eat so I'm going to say no. They shouldn't drink cow milk really either.

One of mine drinks cups of tea though :rolleyes:

I couldn't say for sure if oats/oat milk are strictly bad. It was suggested to me by the vet to add some oatmeal to my cats wet food to bulk her out as she had diarrhoea a lot and they suspected lack of fibre. I think some cereals are not good.

None of that helps does it? :D

Cats like lots of things that are bad for them so I would ignore that they like something. Oats do not sound like something a cat would naturally eat so I'm going to say no. They shouldn't drink cow milk really either.

One of mine drinks cups of tea though :rolleyes:

I couldn't say for sure if oats/oat milk are strictly bad. It was suggested to me by the vet to add some oatmeal to my cats wet food to bulk her out as she had diarrhoea a lot and they suspected lack of fibre. I think some cereals are not good.

None of that helps does it? :D
I think i'll just limit it to being a treat... not every day.

Friday night and the back door was open late because of the heat. Madam was coming and going.

About eleven pm I heard a great explosion of hissing, snarling and spitting.

Expecting that she and the lurking cat had set-to again - they last fought around a year ago and she won but he is much bigger/stronger now, I rushed out to find her birsed-up at the back door and the not very nice ginger tom that occasionally lurks in the garden/by the greenhouse, pacing to and fro in a surly manner just at the other side of the border by the back door. It didn’t hang about too much longer when I came on the scene but unusually it didn’t rush away like a rocket - which is what it usually does when it sees me.

She has a few scratches - ear, head and shoulders and a bite on her tail.

Back
Top Bottom