Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Jakey's issue with jumping up on things has not got any better since it started and I watched him struggle to get onto the desk chair earlier (he made several attempts and could not jump onto it, which he would have done very easily a week ago) - so I phoned the vet and asked if we could take him along when we have Sonic's appointment for his ear issue on Saturday morning. I was worried about booking a separate appointment because it is a 2 or 3 week queue for an appointment still at our local vet, but they agreed to see him on Saturday.

Silly sod can jump down ok but can't jump up. He is left-footed and puts his front left paw up on something to jump up but then can't make it. He has now switched to putting his front right paw up before he jumps but still looks awkward and doesn't always make it up. He seems to be walking ok but something is clearly causing problems.

As for Sonic, he really hates having the earwash and has taken to hiding from me for much of the day :(

After putting the table and chairs out this morning and Bloom did his usual scrounging just before his on the grass sojourn, I thought he’d carried on down to Pat and Harry’s place, but no!
When I looked I saw Bloom was quick to take advantage of the new circumstances.89810B70-4556-45E6-BAA0-424851D93175.jpeg

Love foxes!
Not seen any for years

Stupidly left Kizzy out in dark for first time, got to sit here and wait til they come back and also hope Misty doesn't go for the open door!

Misty is still hiding and pretty nervous despite having strokes a few days ago. She is eating properly though which is good.
Misty had peed on floor in bathroom (thankfully mostly on a plastic wrapper), and there was a poo there the other day too
Rescue place rang to check how they were and they suggested having a third litter tray upstairs for Misty so they don't feel overlooked by Kizzy
Hoping Misty will come and stay out of hiding more

Thankfully Jakey is much improved today and is full of beans and able once more to jump up onto the sofa - so I'll see how it goes this evening and may not take him to the vet tomorrow (we are having a carrier issue) - as he seems to be very much better I am inclined to think it was a minor strain and keeping an eye on the situation for a few more days will probably be ok.

Sonic still needs to go tomorrow to have his ears checked, I don't think they are much better yet. Been a nightmare trying to do the earwash, poor sod is now making a run for it if I move slightly

Thankfully Jakey is much improved today and is full of beans and able once more to jump up onto the sofa - so I'll see how it goes this evening and may not take him to the vet tomorrow (we are having a carrier issue) - as he seems to be very much better I am inclined to think it was a minor strain and keeping an eye on the situation for a few more days will probably be ok.

Sonic still needs to go tomorrow to have his ears checked, I don't think they are much better yet. Been a nightmare trying to do the earwash, poor sod is now making a run for it if I move slightly
That's good about Jakey, but I'd take him tomorrow along with Sonic just to be sure. Hope Sonic's ears get sorted out soon!

That's good about Jakey, but I'd take him tomorrow along with Sonic just to be sure. Hope Sonic's ears get sorted out soon!

I will do if we can get another carrier! The one I thought we had in the spare room turned out to be broken, and a trip to pets at home was pointless - they only had 1 soft carrier (no hard ones at all), I bought it and brought it home but it is too small, neither of them is going to fit in it comfortably. OH may be able to pick one up on his way to work tonight, he goes past another branch that is open til 8pm.

I met one of my neighbours last night, who I don't see around too often. He was confident and happy to get my attention, even though he may not have recognised me.

I'm assuming he's male, because he's a big solid block of muscle. I've only ever lived with petite females, so I'm kind of curious to know what having someone that size on your lap is like.

I met one of my neighbours last night, who I don't see around too often. He was confident and happy to get my attention, even though he may not have recognised me.

I'm assuming he's male, because he's a big solid block of muscle. I've only ever lived with petite females, so I'm kind of curious to know what having someone that size on your lap is like.

:hmm:

you are talking about a cat aren't you?

:p

Misty had peed on floor in bathroom (thankfully mostly on a plastic wrapper), and there was a poo there the other day too

This to me suggests some fairly extreme territorial marking.

Is there any way you could make some space that Misty has for her own which Kizzy doesn't get access to?

Her confidence may improve markedly once she has a corner, even a cat cave to call her own.

Back from the vet!

Sonic's ears are much better, I'm to continue with the earwash for another few days just to make sure it is fully cleared up

Looks as though Jakey has done himself a minor muscle injury, he was given an anti-inflammatory injection and I'll give him metacam for the next 5 days, that should give it time to heal. I'm to phone if that doesn't help or if the issue comes back once I have stopped giving the metacam.

Sonic is a complete drama queen and wailed and hissed throughout the examination, and struggled so much that the vet had to wrap him in a towel in order to look in his ears.

This to me suggests some fairly extreme territorial marking.

Is there any way you could make some space that Misty has for her own which Kizzy doesn't get access to?

Her confidence may improve markedly once she has a corner, even a cat cave to call her own.
Thanks, the issue with that is that they would be stuck in the same room and have to have food water and litter tray in there, and also worried that she would feel like she's being punished and confined to one room
Could try it the other way but not sure Kizzy would have it being confined to one room, especially as now in and out of the house

All food and drink must be inspected by Chloe:

PXL-20210716-193830096-01.jpg

Back
Top Bottom