Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Poor baby! :(

Despite Loki being a very beautiful cat, he's being a complete pain in the arse at the moment. Every time the foal walks away from the kitchen and leaves any liquid in his cup, Loki jumps up and knocks the bloody thing over. I thought it was because he was trying to drink from the plastic cups and it was an accident because they were so light but no, I saw him today and he deliberately pulled over a mug of water. Gitface :mad:
Breeze flung my mobile off the desk TWICE yesterday - thankfully not broken. Oh, it's rarely accidental when a cat flings something off a table!

Peg only seems interested in swatting my tube of lipbalm off my desk. She's not especially interested in pens, or other small objects. Just my lipbalm. She can't resist.

Why do they have this urge to bat things along a surface and then knock them to the floor? It's so peculiar, and very striking.

Reactions: CRI
A massive bed with fluffy blankets all to herself, and she climbs in the shitty £3 flimsy cat bed that's on top of it.

It was a bit chilly so I covered her up.
I don't want to do inappropriate cat bed top trumps, but our Zoë had a wicker basket lined with an old cashmere cardigan, by a radiator, and opted for a cardboard box.

I wouldn't mind but it was a cardboard box that was far too small for her...

I don't want to do inappropriate cat bed top trumps, but our Zoë had a wicker basket lined with an old cashmere cardigan, by a radiator, and opted for a cardboard box.

I wouldn't mind but it was a cardboard box that was far too small for her...

:)

I was tempted to ask Vintage Paw if it's definitely a real cat?

Cats usually follow the decision process

Did hooman inend this as a cat bed?

Yes - ignore it

No - sleep on it

(decision process about whether something is a cat toy is very similar)

:p

For some reason, I get the impression toggle might not be the one doing most of the spoiling :D

he has apprentices.

son went off to the shops for milk for us. came back with some cooked chicken that he had seen and decided he wanted some of.

he's spent the 2 hours since pretending that it's perfectly normal to buy yourself a treat and actively seek out the 2 kitties to give them 90% of it.

this is after he spent his saturday morning, like every saturday morning, volunteering in the local cats protection shop. one of the old girls there is loosing her mobility in her shoulders but not her marbles. so she is the brains and son is the hands.

but yeah, apprentices....

he has apprentices.

son went off to the shops for milk for us. came back with some cooked chicken that he had seen and decided he wanted some of.

he's spent the 2 hours since pretending that it's perfectly normal to buy yourself a treat and actively seek out the 2 kitties to give them 90% of it.

this is after he spent his saturday morning, like every saturday morning, volunteering in the local cats protection shop. one of the old girls there is loosing her mobility in her shoulders but not her marbles. so she is the brains and son is the hands.

but yeah, apprentices....

Obi Wan has taught them well...

Perry squeezes into the tiny catbed I bought Moonie, too.

I've caved and decided to try again with Moonie for a couple of days because she's been nicer to Perry since she came back, and she went out again and came back in. I think a catflap would help her but we've lost the fitting instructions. I would be so happy if she did manage to stay.

:)

I was tempted to ask Vintage Paw if it's definitely a real cat?

Cats usually follow the decision process

Did hooman inend this as a cat bed?

Yes - ignore it

No - sleep on it

(decision process about whether something is a cat toy is very similar)

:p
Common announcement in the oryx and antelope household is 'Your laundry/washing /jumper's been turned into a ZB'.

ZB = Zoë bed. She has two proper cat beds but just flops down where she feels like it, the more inconvenient the better.

Idiot cat has a particular fondness for piles of clean washing. The top of one of those piles is a great place to sleep- but even better is knocking it over then sleeping on the collapsed pile so every item of clothing is covered in cat hair.
Liked in empathy, not the Manter family's clothes being covered in cat hair!

Partner has just been lying on the bed reading, nipped to the loo and found his place taken by a cat.

He padded upstairs, ate breakfast and slept on my lap this morning, actually.

So ner.

i'll believe it when i see it.

although ti's absolutely freezing outside. wondering about the house loads increaces the chance of confrontation with madamme and he needs to eat and sleep as much as he can to gain weight. he's no longer dangerously thin, but he is still underweight.

next time he's upstairs when i'm at home, i'll pick him up and get an idea of what he weighs now. better i do that. you won't be typing much if he sinks those teeth into your hand

I currently have 2 cats on one arm of my armchair I'm seated in, 1 cat on the other arm, 1 cat on the other armchair and the 5th is on the footstool. Any journey for liquid replenishment or a loo break will absolutely be a green flag for one of the buggers to nick my seat.

well, it didn't take long for him to come upstairs, and my scales reckon he's about 13.5 lbs. a but over 2lbs up on his weight a month ago. he's still a little on the think side, but not much. and he seems to have stopped trying to eat everything in sight. i hope he's going to be self regulating in food consumption as well, cause madamme is used to there being a bowl of dry food out all the time. with wet food presented when it's demanded of whoever is in the kitchen at the time

Peg only seems interested in swatting my tube of lipbalm off my desk. She's not especially interested in pens, or other small objects. Just my lipbalm. She can't resist.

Why do they have this urge to bat things along a surface and then knock them to the floor? It's so peculiar, and very striking.

(It's instinctive nest-raiding behaviour - climb the tree, bat/push the eggs out of the nest so they smash on the ground, that's lunch sorted ;))

I currently have 2 cats on one arm of my armchair I'm seated in, 1 cat on the other arm, 1 cat on the other armchair and the 5th is on the footstool. Any journey for liquid replenishment or a loo break will absolutely be a green flag for one of the buggers to nick my seat.

Jakey has a horrible habit of nipping onto my desk chair when I stand up for a second, I have lost count of the times I have nearly sat on him. Including times where I have been in the process of sitting down and noticed resistance. A soft, furry, lump of a cat kind of resistance :/

Jakey has a horrible habit of nipping onto my desk chair when I stand up for a second, I have lost count of the times I have nearly sat on him. Including times where I have been in the process of sitting down and noticed resistance. A soft, furry, lump of a cat kind of resistance :/
Our cat Omo does this, as well as squeezing behind me if i'm are sitting forward - there's many times i've leaned back and found a warm furry lump stopping me.

CZhv7RtW0AAySrP.jpg

So photoshop is a thing peggy likes, it seems.

Since becoming transfixed by the cursor moving paint around, she won't move from the screen and is even staring at the words as I'm typing this. She's fascinated.

It's like a digital foe she has to stalk. She can't stop watching.

Back
Top Bottom