Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

11855830_10207391742535803_5318624092646799968_n.jpg

Have I mentioned that Vincent loves his dad? :)

love me, love me, you know you love me.

'Yeeeeessssss, human, love me. Love me so much you take into your home. Love me so much you simply can't bear to see my disappointed, pitiful little face when you tell me 'No.' Love me so much you'll instantly do whatever I want you to, immediately and without question, no matter what it may be. Yeeeeessssssssss, go on, make me a nice home...'

'You know you want to...'

The current owner gave me a filthy look and said 'stop letting gussy in your house' carried him away and threw him out the house after five minutes! Then he came running up to me and my daughter playing on the garden and rubbed his face all into her arms! She's only 11 months old and she can already say 'garf' because we always call him Garfield! So she obviously likes this cat! He lets himself in and out of our cat flap when we're not there, he's such a big softie :( I don't wanna leave him behind but I know she will say 'no I take care of him just fine' but he's always outside! He even sits on our car and under it when it rains if he doesn't wanna come inside sometimes!

Who does the cat want to be with?

That's your answer. Cats belong to those they choose. Just don't tell them next door where you're going :hmm:

Edit: I realise my answer is pretty horrible, with hindsight. If my cat suddenly went missing I'd be distraught. I honestly don't know what to suggest :(

Who does the cat want to be with?

That's your answer. Cats belong to those they choose. Just don't tell them next door where you're going :hmm:

Edit: I realise my answer is pretty horrible, with hindsight. If my cat suddenly went missing I'd be distraught. I honestly don't know what to suggest :(
That's the thing isn't it? If my neighbour was letting my cat in through their catflap and feeding it, I'd be pretty pissed off. I'm fairly sure that's what's happened to my cat, given he's chipped and all dead cats found on the road are scanned by the council. Someone's nicked him :(

This is probably a silly question adidaswoody but why don't you get your own cat?

That's the thing isn't it? If my neighbour was letting my cat in through their catflap and feeding it, I'd be pretty pissed off. I'm fairly sure that's what's happened to my cat, given he's chipped and all dead cats found on the road are scanned by the council. Someone's nicked him :(

This is probably a silly question adidaswoody but why don't you get your own cat?
We don't feed him, we never have, he doesn't come here for the food, he comes here for love and warmth and I do have my own cat :) I actually have 2 that live here, mine and my partners

Edit. I did say I had my own cats on the page before and post pictures :(

Yep, this happened to us at our old house. It only stopped when I put leaflets through doors (it only needed to be one door really) saying they were on a special diet and needed regular meds. My cats would be gone for days at a time and I never knew when to panic plus I missed them.

My Big Ron ran off 18 months ago (my bloody husband let him go to the park with him and the dogs and he got spooked) and I'm pretty sure that he's found himself a new home. But he's a wanderer and I'm convinced if someone wasn't feeding him, he'd have found his way back to us. He was healthy and clearly well looked after. We were devastated and really miss him still. I'm pretty down on cat stealing.

If you've spoken to the owner and they've said no, I'd leave it. If you have concerns about the welfare of the cat, speak to the RSPCA.

We don't feed him, we never have, he doesn't come here for the food, he comes here for love and warmth and I do have my own cat :) I actually have 2 that live here, mine and my partners

Edit. I did say I had my own cats on the page before and post pictures :(
I'm so sorry :oops: I'm coming at this from a very sensitive POV obviously and I'd forgotten you'd posted pics of your cats.

But I do agree with Looby really - if the owner's said no then I don't think there's much you can do

The problem with having met Peggy and decided to have her is that I want her NOW but I can not has. Bah. Working very hard to get the bare minimum done, so there's room for her to safely kip, nothing that will fall on her if she has a nosy, and no more ominous stains from Charlie's copious vom problems.

Why am I so messy???

The problem with having met Peggy and decided to have her is that I want her NOW but I can not has. Bah. Working very hard to get the bare minimum done, so there's room for her to safely kip, nothing that will fall on her if she has a nosy, and no more ominous stains from Charlie's copious vom problems.

Why am I so messy???

I think I have read on Urban that charities are a bit suspicious of places that are too neat as cats will be cats and (break things)/move your shit out of the way - one needs to be relaxed about that.

I think I have read on Urban that charities are a bit suspicious of places that are too neat as cats will be cats and (break things)/move your shit out of the way - one needs to be relaxed about that.

Oh trust me, this house will never be a palace or homage to minimalism :D

It's just that 16 years of clutter meant for no space to do anything and no chance to clean properly. It was grimy. Charlie coped, but I was worried I'd be failed for a home visit because the piles of clutter were unsafe (seriously towering), and the grime was... well, grimy. Most of that is sorted now downstairs, just need to cart stuff off to the tip. Iris' charity doesn't do home visits though, they don't have the manpower, so it's a moot point now - but it would make sense to take advantage of being cat free to get as much done as possible, since keeping an indoor cat from escaping or getting into everything in a very small house while you're doing work is very tough. At the very least I want to finish getting rid of crap upstairs, and clean the carpet in the living room (seriously dirty, some of which is baked in Charlie vomit - which isn't great for a new cat to deal with). The main thing holding me up is being able to shift the rubbish to the tip, but I've got some 'man with a van' numbers I'll call next week.

Oh trust me, this house will never be a palace or homage to minimalism :D

It's just that 16 years of clutter meant for no space to do anything and no chance to clean properly. It was grimy. Charlie coped, but I was worried I'd be failed for a home visit because the piles of clutter were unsafe (seriously towering), and the grime was... well, grimy. Most of that is sorted now downstairs, just need to cart stuff off to the tip. Iris' charity doesn't do home visits though, they don't have the manpower, so it's a moot point now - but it would make sense to take advantage of being cat free to get as much done as possible, since keeping an indoor cat from escaping or getting into everything in a very small house while you're doing work is very tough. At the very least I want to finish getting rid of crap upstairs, and clean the carpet in the living room (seriously dirty, some of which is baked in Charlie vomit - which isn't great for a new cat to deal with). The main thing holding me up is being able to shift the rubbish to the tip, but I've got some 'man with a van' numbers I'll call next week.

BIB And you might accidentally throw her away? :D

More like I'm worried in case she has Charlie's penchant for eating plastic, since there are approximately eleventybillion black bags stacked up in here at the moment :D

Still, I'm already making compromises on what I'll get done before picking her up. Had a quote for a front door tonight and they have a 4 week wait, so that'll be done after she's here. Likewise, I reckon there'll be a wait for a decorator to paint in here, at least a couple of weeks or so, so she'll have to live upstairs while that gets done.

So I've narrowed it down to clearing some space upstairs so she can at least live up there while other stuff gets done down here; shifting those eleventybillion bags of crap out of here; cleaning the carpet in the living room of Charlie's deposits. I've got a friend with a carpet cleaner I can borrow, so I'm good to go on that once the crap is shifted out.

I reckon end of next week I'll be nearly finished.

I'm so sorry :oops: I'm coming at this from a very sensitive POV obviously and I'd forgotten you'd posted pics of your cats.

But I do agree with Looby really - if the owner's said no then I don't think there's much you can do
It's okay :) I'll be good and leave the poor guy behind! Just feel bad for the poor guy that's all :(

I got back yesterday after 5 days away and my two wouldn't leave my side which was quite cute. Apart from when I was trying to sleep and they wanted to sit on my head!

My friend who had been looking after them said that he though Barton had lost a lot of weight and her fur was scratty. Shes always thinner in summer so don't think theres an issue and I think her fur is super shiny and soft!

Vintage Paw - don't fuss too much about the mess, just make sure there's nothing that is an immediate health hazard. You cannot POSSIBLY be any more messy than we are (no, seriously), and no accident has befallen any of our cats. We make sure to not keep any plastic bags or toxic substances around the place where the cats can get to them, but piles of books and old computers seems to be OK as long as anything heavy isn't going to topple on top of anyone. Your place doesn't need to be spotless.

Peggy looks lovely, I hope she will have a home with you soon :)

Reactions: CRI
Thanks epona. There are endless black bags piled up waiting for the tip, Charlie would have been eating them all day and all night given half the chance so I don't want to take the risk with Peggy. I've just got to clean out under the bed (Charlie used to hide under there, it's thick with his fur, dust, and I can only assume there's bound to be a long lost pile of vom hiding under there somewhere too) and then I can look at finding someone to take it all to the tip. Then she can come. I've emptied the back bedroom today, so there's space for her to be sequestered in there while any other work gets done in the house (it certainly wasn't safe until today in there - only yesterday a massive pile of stuff toppled over, spilling across the full width of the room), and it'll be a safe haven she can hide in while she gets used to the new smells.

As soon as I can get the stuff taken to the tip, I'll go and bring her home :)

Just got back from a hours tour of the kitten mines (Happy Landings animal shelter where we took some "rejected" cat food) - whilst there I was buried under a kitten fall - damned lucky to get away with my life - 4 of the little beggars - Lionel took great delight in climbing up onto my shoulder and started to bite and lick my ear not in a nice way but in a Yow! that %4£5^&'ing hurts you little sod, way

Since my house clearing efforts are inextricably linked to my Peggy efforts, and since I have few other places to squee about this, I've just called for a quote to get all my crap removed and taken away, he's coming round this afternoon to price it up for me.

But...

he's also a registered gas fitter, which means he should be able to take my piano as well - it requires moving all my appliances in the kitchen to get it out of the house, including the cooker, which has mildly terrified me since I am in no way mentally prepared for the very simple task of uncoupling the flexi-hose myself and would fret and worry if any old rando removal person did it for me. BUT HE'S A GAS FITTER.

I could be rid of that fucking massive out-of-tune albatross that's been hanging round my neck for years.

Either way, Peggy will be with me by the end of the week. Waiting on a zooplus order for a new carrier, litter tray, scratch post, that kind of stuff. I spent too much money, of course. Only the best for my new retiree :)

. . . Waiting on a zooplus order for a new carrier, litter tray, scratch post, that kind of stuff. I spent too much money, of course. Only the best for my new retiree :)

<mumble, mumble to Mrs Voltz>

At least I waited until we got the damn cats before I spent money on them

</mumble, mumble etc>

he's also a registered gas fitter, which means he should be able to take my piano as well

I did have to do a double and triple read of your post when I got to that bit :confused:

Bubbles has been found!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool::cool::cool::cool::D:D:D:D:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:He's very thin and has fleas but otherwise is in reasonable nick. He was nearly 8 miles away and some woman was feeding him. Then she went on holiday and asked her neighbour to feed him who thought it would be a good idea to take him to the vet and see if he was chipped.

Loki is not very convinced and hissed at him. Bubbles is a bit mystified by the puppy too but I think we'll work it all out :D

I can't believe it - he's been gone nearly 3 months :eek:

Back
Top Bottom