Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Breeze keeping an eye on some visiting lady guinea pigs this past week.

16542281182_480029b5dc_c.jpg
View attachment 68037

'Ooh, you found a delivery service. Pass the salt...'

Many thanks everyone, obviously she's no replacement for the mogs who have gone before but she is settling in quite well, I'd say.

Reactions: CRI
We pick up Clive and Casper tomorrow - we're back to a 3 cat household - introducing 2 to 1 in the not to distant will be interesting but I have high hopes of FiFi, she's really settled in and I'm hoping that her confidence will bring the 2 boys out of their shell when we introduce them to each other - the boys, having been in a rescue for nearly a year will need a lot of patience and they have their own room already sorted out for them

Pictures blah blah blah

We pick up Clive and Casper tomorrow - we're back to a 3 cat household - introducing 2 to 1 in the not to distant will be interesting but I have high hopes of FiFi, she's really settled in and I'm hoping that her confidence will bring the 2 boys out of their shell when we introduce them to each other - the boys, having been in a rescue for nearly a year will need a lot of patience and they have their own room already sorted out for them

Pictures blah blah blah
Yay! Moar catz. :D

11044578_858929937496436_5552011138713942205_n.jpg

Vincent was out all night so he needed to rest today. All day :)

one of the mogs who used to share my house had a habit of going away for weekends - i might see him friday evening, then he'd come home shagged out* and hungry sunday night (or sometimes monday night) and sleep for a day or two

i assume it was some sort of underground catnip party scene...

* not absolutely literally as he'd been 'done'

FiFi really is the strangest of cats - she loves fuss but is totally not focussed on food - we've tried her with chicken, mackerel and numerous "wet" foods and she's pretty much turned her nose up at all of them

What she does like is cat milk, she had her nose quite quickly into some Haagen Daaz ice-cream but that was whisked away quickly and biscuits - but she'll only eat sparingly

I'm much more used to cats that are like toggle and Bakunin's little madam who will stick their nose unprompted into any meal on the off chance that they might like it and will only know if they like it by being given some NOW!

I swear you can tell from that picture that she smells really nice.

Edited to say, i think it's because its such a close up pic that instinctively I wanted to sniff her. In that way that one does. Or is that just me?

(this may be the cava talking)

Its perfectly reasonable to smell cats (provided they don't object of course) and in the absence of smellovision I can report she smells very fresh and sweet, like a perfume. Her breath is unnaturally fresh, indeed in many ways unnatural would be a good description, eats mainly dried food, doesn't like wet food or fish or chicken. Her only vice thus far was a sniff of the bowl that had some melting ice cream in it. Thank goodness her shit stinks or I'd find it a bit unnerving :D

Stone in my household, or is that cathold, rejects all human food point blank. Then the others have favourite foods they gobble but Mookie is fussy in that human food has to be in tiny size or he won't touch it. Speak of the devil and he appears on the armchair! So it might be size for FiFi?

Stone in my household, or is that cathold, rejects all human food point blank. Then the others have favourite foods they gobble but Mookie is fussy in that human food has to be in tiny size or he won't touch it. Speak of the devil and he appears on the armchair! So it might be size for FiFi?
so maybe size IS important - well that's an excellent thought and we shall conduct some experiments. She's chowing down the dried food so she's not going to starve but should we ever need to get meds into her then i'll want options.

Just got the 2 boys back home - the difference between them and FiFi is massive - she was out of the cat box and nosing around within minutes - up on our laps, wanting fuss and generally wanting to be "home"

The boys, on the other hand were really subdued on the journey back - not a squeak out of them - I opened their travel boxes and neither of them moved, they were happy just staying in their little box world - then Casper noticed he could get out and jumped up on a shelf to hide and then Clive got out and went and hid in a box

We've left some food and drink and "facilities" out for them and are going to leave them nice and quiet for a bit just to let them get a bit used to their new home

It's not really the time to take pictures with the chance of a flash going off so I'm afraid you're going to have to wait

How lovely that you have a houseful of cats again, izz and High Voltage :cool: Maybe the boys are a bit institutionalised... I'm sure it won't take long for them to settle in.

My cat has her spring pants on too - she is pure crazy. One thing I've noticed (from the savaged sofa arms and ALL my clothes :mad: ) is that she doesn't know how to put her claws in. She gets attached to any soft surface she's on, stupid cat :D Does anyone have any tricks for teaching her? I've had a google but not much of any use came up.

How lovely that you have a houseful of cats again, izz and High Voltage :cool: Maybe the boys are a bit institutionalised... I'm sure it won't take long for them to settle in.

My cat has her spring pants on too - she is pure crazy. One thing I've noticed (from the savaged sofa arms and ALL my clothes :mad: ) is that she doesn't know how to put her claws in. She gets attached to any soft surface she's on, stupid cat :D Does anyone have any tricks for teaching her? I've had a google but not much of any use came up.
how old is she polly ?

My little tiger :)

11044570_10152702975191500_7148597810986697665_n.jpg

11037630_10152702974746500_2923565826140685552_n.jpg

11021128_10152702974891500_3481138896645632751_n.jpg
I've just spent five minutes with a cat just like that. I've come back from a great night out feeling a little sad that it was all over and it came rushing out to me, headbutting the fuck out of my outstretched hand. He (somehow felt like a he) was so nice and friendly and up for a stroke that all woes were banished. What a smashing cat.

The boys have used their "facilities" during the night and some of the treats put down have been eaten

So according to the Battersea Dogs and Cats web site for timid cats this is to be expected - interestingly and without having done any reading or research my approach seems to be pretty much in line with what they're recommending - nice quiet room, bit of company just to get them used to us and our smell. Not trying to stroke them, nice soft quiet voice, then leave them alone for a bit and repeat - this afternoon I'll be watching a film in their room with ear phones in so that I'll be in with them for an hour or 2

Interestingly it's not uncommon for a cat to go off it's food for a couple of days :eek: after a re-homing

My boys are far more homely and cuddly. The girls are the aloof independent ones. I say this with a Mookie glued to my thigh who is my hermaphrokitty. So it makes sense they take a bit more time to settle in. So lovely you have new additions :)

Back
Top Bottom