Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

Look at this well posh cat I saw today

View attachment 447216

I think it's a chinchilla? Epona ??
Chinchillas have very long silky hair like Persians (they're a particular colour of Persian, with the smoke gene I think so only the tips of the long hair are pigmented iirc.)

I think that looks like a British Shorthair or closely related breed - or possibly Exotic Shorthair, although the face doesn't look quite Persian enough.

Singapuras are absolutely tiny and very dainty - they're like miniature cats so if this one looked normal cat sized it's not that :)

EDIT: I had to look up the info about Singapura weight as didn't know it off the top of my head - females average 1.8kg, males average 2.7kg - they really are tiny.

Last edited:
Bernard having a few coughing fits tonight. Or pretty sure it's coughing. It's different to the yakking sound. Will have to keep an eye on that, but right now he's curled up in the mrs' fluffy robe as a nest on the bed.
I was going to put a picture there, but you could see way too much of the floordrobe in the shot and I'd get told off for it. :)

They made Baby Yoda. If they ever do a Baby Chewie then this is definitely the way to go!

13765353135_3f4a2f7149_z.jpg

View attachment 447348

These cat trees get pretty good use. At the moment Tabitha likes to perch at the top of the red tree after she eats. The shelf on the left is her designated "cuddle shelf" because when I pick up her 7kg she gets heavy and I need to rest her down. But she likes to sit in my arms on the shelf.
Your actual Alton Towers for cats!

Lidl and Aldi have cat trees in the middle when it's pet week. Might not be as tall but iirc they are about a quarter to a third of that price.
We got a big one from Aldi about 8 years ago for £20. Our boys played on it for about a few weeks then lost interest. Gave it to a friend and her kitten took to it immediately and still sleeps on it today as an adult. One cat’s trash is another’s treasure 😼

We got a big one from Aldi about 8 years ago for £20. Our boys played on it for about a few weeks then lost interest. Gave it to a friend and her kitten took to it immediately and still sleeps on it today as an adult. One cat’s trash is another’s treasure 😼
Carrie's foster family said the tree comes out of the shed when a new cat arrives and if it's not interested it goes back.

I'm currently knitting her a bed. Actually she's been quite good so far at sitting in cosy spots I've prepared for her and playing with toys I've bought her. Cat springs were a fail though.

Back
Top Bottom