Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

I was up early this morning, as I was expecting a delivery between 8 and 9 (according to the email from the courier company).
Two of my motorbikes have been at my dad's for the past few years, and I had them transported over to my house a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately, somewhere along the line, the keys for both bikes have gone missing, so I had to order two new lock sets, and those are the packages I was waiting for.
The courier arrived at 8:30am, and I quickly opened the packages to check their contents, which were all present and correct, then I jumped in the shower, before going shopping.
Now, picture this... The shower is downstairs, and if I leave the bathroom door open, which I usually do, I have a view of the back door, which I open in the morning to let the cats come and go as they please, and just as I'd started massaging shampoo into my hair, Bob trotted past, looking all pleased with himself, with a shiny new set of Yamaha keys in his mouth, then disappeared out the back door! I dived out of the shower, grabbed a towel and wrapped it around myself, slipped on my flip flops, and ran out into the back garden after Bob.
Bob was at the edge of the garden, playing with his new toys, but as I approached him he grabbed the keys again and ran into the middle of the garden, taunting me and laughing. I chased after him, but one of my flip flops flipped off, and I slipped on the dewy grass and landed on my arse in the middle of the garden, leaving the towel behind as I put my hands out to break my fall. Luckily, my neighbour was walking past at the time, so at least someone apart from Bob had a fucking good laugh about it!

I do love Bob... the little bastard 🤣

She'll work it out the moment you fall asleep - and all through the night till morning! :D
My nights are disturbed enough as it is as one of the other cats has taken to getting into bed with me even though it's really warm at night and I could do without a furry hot water bottle snuggled up to me but I don't like to say No to him in case I offend him.

After about an hour he gets too hot under the duvet and wants to get out and sleep on the bottom of the bed but half an hour after that he wants to get back in again, only on the other side this time. This goes on all night so it's no wonder I wake up exhausted!

My nights are disturbed enough as it is as one of the other cats has taken to getting into bed with me even though it's really warm at night and I could do without a furry hot water bottle snuggled up to me but I don't like to say No to him in case I offend him.

After about an hour he gets too hot under the duvet and wants to get out and sleep on the bottom of the bed but half an hour after that he wants to get back in again, only on the other side this time. This goes on all night so it's no wonder I wake up exhausted!

My furry footwarmers right now:

1724971583277.png

:)

That love of catnip is a genetic thing. Only around 50% of cats go mad for it. Nice to see yours like it :D

And you know how cute that clawing and scratching thing is... Wait 'til it's your legs and the furniture 🤣
There's lots of different varieties of catnip but it's only the nepeta cataria and the nepeta mussinii that drives cats wild. Last year I bought a pot of nepeta purrsian blue in a garden centre but my cats are distinctly meh about it.

What my lot really go mad for (but obviously aren't allowed to have it) is hormone rooting powder so I have to keep my pot of it well hidden from them. If catnip is the feline equivalent of cannabis then hormone rooting powder is crack cocaine.

There's lots of different varieties of catnip but it's only the nepeta cataria and the nepeta mussinii that drives cats wild. Last year I bought a pot of nepeta purrsian blue in a garden centre but my cats are distinctly meh about it.

What my lot really go mad for (but obviously aren't allowed to have it) is hormone rooting powder so I have to keep my pot of it well hidden from them. If catnip is the feline equivalent of cannabis then hormone rooting powder is crack cocaine.
All of my lot love catnip, but Bob has a thing for Deep Heat, or anything containing menthol. He goes mad for it. It took me ages to realise why he kept running off with my vape pen. It was because it had menthol juice in it :D

That love of catnip is a genetic thing. Only around 50% of cats go mad for it. Nice to see yours like it :D

And you know how cute that clawing and scratching thing is... Wait 'til it's your legs and the furniture 🤣

My legs are already a bit scratched but Sgarba is almost able to jump on to my knees on the kitchen stool, so she just needs to cling-on lightly with he claws. I think they both caught the message to not cli.b my legs. A couple of bits of wallpaper have suffered a bit but that's in line for redecorating next year and the particular furniture they like scratching has those cheap/easily replaced foldy drawers. Im encouraging them hard to use the various scratchers or the mats I have scattered about and so far, its working.

Only my old BD wasn't bothered by catnip but he loved to guard the plants and keep all other cays off them. Every other cat I've had went mad for it! :D

Back
Top Bottom