Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Your daily cat and kitten news

bafkreifza6k6h3czttdddonvxpstbjspwniwqdhsnauq72lrbuqy7ei2wm@jpeg

My cat really is a complete idiot - he begs for a blankie and all I need to do is drape whatever fabric is nearby over his head and he's somehow happy with that.
He does it sometimes when he's in bed with us too, I've woken up and found him spark out and very content with just his head under the duvet and the rest of him on the pillow with no covers on him.
I really don't know 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
My cat really is a complete idiot - he begs for a blankie and all I need to do is drape whatever fabric is nearby over his head and he's somehow happy with that.
He does it sometimes when he's in bed with us too, I've woken up and found him spark out and very content with just his head under the duvet and the rest of him on the pillow with no covers on him.
I really don't know 🤷‍♂️
1718645008138.png

From last Thursday to today twoof the seven kittens died

A ginger one and a black and white one

They were the least strong of the litter. Fingers crossed the others don’t follow on

Last year, by all accounts, it was terrible. A final number wasn't given but they lost loads of kittens. The problem could be that because most of the pregnant mums are feral they've not had any injections. The kittens don't really stand much of a chance

And there's more due in soon.

Hopefully the rest will pull through. I had no idea how much work keeping alive a whole litter is until a friend became a cat breeder. Two years ago she got an entire litter of NINE through, which was an epic effort. Sadly the last litter (different mum) was only two and neither made it, friend said both seemed to have slight birth defects and the mum seemed to instinctively know they weren't going to survive 😞

She's due another litter in a few weeks, hopefully these will be OK and maybe we can see them over the holidays once the critical weeks are over. * excited dance *

Last edited:
I was in the middle of a love triangle this morning. Walking to work, down a quiet cul-de-sac, I met a cat I occasionally see. He was very friendly today, even if he bit me lightly with furry joy. After a minute or so I walked on, and after about 20 metres I spotted another more regular furry friend. She loves me, and came straight across the road to see me.

However she looked up and saw her much bigger neighbour trying to catch me up. They both paused, as did I to see what developed. However I soon realised a staring contest had started, and I had to get to work, so I left them to it.

Hopefully the rest will pull through. I had no idea how much work keeping alive a whole litter is until a friend became a cat breeder. Two years ago she got an entire litter of NINE through, which was an epic effort. Sadly the last litter (different mum) was only two and neither made it, friend said both seemed to have slight birth defects and the mum seemed to instinctively know they weren't going to survive 😞

She's due another litter in a few weeks, hopefully these will be OK and maybe we can see them over the holidays once the critical weeks are over. * excited dance *
Jakey was the only survivor from his litter, he was a big fucker most of his life including at birth and I think he got stuck trying to come out, his mum had to have an emergency c-section and they were all dead - he was the only one that pulled through having been given CPR. Then his mum got mastitis and lost her milk and he had to be bottle fed which is basically an exhausting once every 2 hours throughout the day and night for the first couple of weeks at least.
It's one of the reasons he had a brief career as a stud, if his mum had had any surviving females then one of those would have had a couple of litters, but he was the only one bless him. His daughter was I think the first GCCF Fawn Point Siamese Champion and was also a very sweet cat like him :)

I think I posted on here that Jocky got his arse kicked several times by a huge tom from over the backs, chasing him right up to his catflap. Well, since coming home with quite a lot of scratches on his lickle nose, we haven't seen anything of that nasty bullying bastard, so it looks like our Jocks got his own back! Hurray!

Back
Top Bottom