Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yes or No -AV referendum May 2011

Yes there's no basis for saying that.

Point remains that Tory strategy is to use LDs as human shields - and walk away unscathed taking credit for anything that has gone right and offloading all the fuck ups.
A No vote would cut across that and directly damage Cameron and the Tories. They are running scared it seems.

YG have NO with a 17 point lead - when the question is posed with a brief explanation. Going to take a whole lot of 'the tories are running scared' are you a tory to turn that over.

Point remains that Tory strategy is to use LDs as human shields - and walk away unscathed taking credit for anything that has gone right and offloading all the fuck ups.
A No vote would cut across that and directly damage Cameron and the Tories. They are running scared it seems.
Right so let me get this straight - you think that AV will ensure the Tories won't have a majority and yet at the same time won't give the LibDems the power to decide the next government (ignoring the fact that your own link claims the opposite)?

You're living in a fantasy land

What does this mean?

Louis MacNeice

"cut across" is a phrase he picked up in the SP - they always use it :D.

Politically, in the above it seems to mean don't attack the lib-dems - it's essentially support for the coalition. It's step beyond auto-labourism and a horrible vision of what AV would look like in practice.

It's a shocking position to have argued yourself into - i don't like the tories, the tories are using the lib-dems, therefore help the lib-dems.. Shocking.

YG have NO with a 17 point lead - when the question is posed with a brief explanation. Going to take a whole lot of 'the tories are running scared' are you a tory to turn that over.

Notice you don't cite the poll taken at the same time when they ask the referendum question - which shows us 3 points up. Actually, it casts doubt on the methodology of YG - which is being paid by News International btw.

It's a shocking position to have argued yourself into - i don't like the tories, the tories are using the lib-dems, therefore help the lib-dems.. Shocking.

That isn't my position. Even a Yes vote in the referendum will be too late to save the LDs - but a NO would embolden Tory.

Cheers
Michael

I didn't need to. If you think you're having a referendum on the formal question you're even more out of touch than i'd previously suspected.

not at all - it's not as if I'm arguing that the LDs should be exonerated. They won't and shouldn't be. But they shouldn't take the *whole* blame - and let Cameron walk out from the ruins smelling of roses.

And let's say for the sake of arguement that you're right A8 and that the tories are deserpate for this no vote. Won't the idea of people voting against it just fuck up the coalition and drive a wedge between the lib-dems and the tories? If the lib-dems walk out of the coalition then that won't help the tories at all will it? Just make them look weak and hopeless.

Back
Top Bottom