Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Yes or No -AV referendum May 2011

Err - no I don't think either PR or Butchers are Tories. They are just making a ham-fisted tactical call that plays into the hands of the Tories. Which is why Warsi said defeating AV was their number one priority in May.

There was enough dissent in the SP to make for some debate at their conference I hear - even if the wrong call was made.

Dissent lol. It was a conference, it is kind of the point of it to have debate. Support for AV was roundly rejected.

And why is my profession relevant where your's isn't. Come to that, Butchers - how do you earn a crust?

Because you make a living from holding certain political positions you fucking socdec hack.

If everyone agrees from the off then you move onto the next issue - there was clearly enough resistance to the EC line to mean there was need for a debate

I held those positions to begin with so taking a salary to campaign for them is in no way any kind of sell out. Now, why the reticence to declare your own source(s) of income?

If everyone agrees from the off then you move onto the next issue - there was clearly enough resistance to the EC line to mean there was need for a debate

I held those positions to begin with so taking a salary to campaign for them is in no way any kind of sell out. Now, why the reticence to declare your own source(s) of income?

We also had a motion to change the name back to Militant. Oh noes, dissent!

It was a conference you bellend. We had loads of motions. It would have been a short conference if everybody just said 'yeah, we agree'. Like it or not, the whole point of democratic centralism is you debate it first.

Would be (mildly - not excessively) interesting to know how many EC positions got voted down. Democratic Centralism Gaddafi style.

Not necessarily. the leadership could have said "we are not supporting AV, and that's that" given the fact that very few people there actually supported it and a lot of people had extremely strong feelings against supporting it :D. i wouldn't have supported it whatever, and i don't think i'd be the only one.

btw i think that given the sp had the same debate it is tbh, probably a bit unfair to criticise the swappies for not being able to come to the same conclusion as rapidly tbf.

the thing is articul8, with the income, it's not relevant because they've not got a vested interest, it's just thier opinion. nobody on this thread is being paid to argue for a political position except you and so it is natural that people will question what you're saying a bit more - unfair perhaps, but it is natural.

the thing is articul8, with the income, it's not relevant because they've not got a vested interest, it's just thier opinion. nobody on this thread is being paid to argue for a political position except you and so it is natural that people will question what you're saying a bit more - unfair perhaps, but it is natural.

I've made no effort to hide or disguise the fact I campaing on this issue profesionally. But if others have nothing to hide, why don't their declare what they do for a living themselves so we're all in the same position?

I've made no effort to hide or disguise the fact I campaing on this issue profesionally. But if others have nothing to hide, why don't their declare what they do for a living themselves so we're all in the same position?

I'm paid in a professional capacity to call you a cunt.

Cunt.

The Tory party was not founded by working class organisations or has ever claimed to represent w/c interests. Not the same at all.

Yes it was and yes it does.

Are you really going to be this crude? The labour party says that it represents w/c interests therefore it does. Do you see where you are now?

Back
Top Bottom