Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst suburban article on wikipedia - the nominations

fractionMan

Custom Title
Not that I'll bother actually editing wikipedia, my nomination is the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Full_English_breakfast

I mean, wtf?

Stoke_newington_breakfast_1.jpg

If you rotate the photo, it looks like a bad school art project: a face with sad egg eyes, sausage mouth and burnt 'beard'.

The correct answer is: beans, toms (tinned or fresh), smoked bacon, proper sausage, egg (any way you like apart from boiled), toast.

Everything else is optional.

If it's a meaty one, bacon, sausages (plural), big mushroom, fried or grilled tomatoes (no frigging tinned shite), hash browns (I like em even if they are yankee) beans, black pudding, egg either fried poached or scrambled. Side order of toast.
For me I'd have that without the bacon and black pud with a nice home made veggie sausage.
Atho the reality is I do well to eat a slice of toast on a morning so it's theoretical.
Should really be served with juice and tea but I can't drink proper tea anymore so herbal tea or decaf coffee.

If I make it at home

Sausage (at least 3)
Bacon (a few rashers)
Egg (two, fried or poached)
Black Pudding
Beans
Tomatoes (grilled or fried)
Bread or Toast or Fried Bread

If I am at a greasy spoon, all the above plus chips :cool:

I'll sway my sausage for someone's mushrooms.

And keep the beans away from my egg, please, preferably with a bubble and squeak barrier between the two.

If I make it at home

Sausage (at least 3)
Bacon (a few rashers)
Egg (two, fried or poached)
Black Pudding
Beans
Tomatoes (grilled or fried)
Bread or Toast or Fried Bread

If I am at a greasy spoon, all the above plus chips :cool:
Technically speaking, the addition of chips signifies that this is not a breakfast but an "all day grill" or "brunch".

Technically speaking, the addition of chips signifies that this is not a breakfast but an "all day grill" or "brunch".
I know....but I fucking love chips and can't resist if they're on offer :oops: !

Tomatoes are optional for me - they are never as nice as I think they will or should be.

I am starved after reading this but if I go into the kitchen to make something I'll get jealous looks from my kids so I might have to wait and feed them first.
But it's a bit early atm.

If he'd only ate a full English instead of that cold meat gubbins that passes for breakfast among the square-heads, he might have stood half a chance.

Anyway, proper cooked breakfast =

Fried Potatoes (not chips, not bubble)
Sausages
Black Pud
Bacon
Fried Eggs (fuck of with your scrambled)
Fried Bread
Mushrooms - none of the big jobbies and no tinned either

Mug of tea.

My absolute favourite is bacon, eggs, sausages, chips, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, black pudding; preceded by orange juice, and cereals with milk; followed by toast and butter; finished with a big mug of tea! Unfortunately I now have cholesterol issues so this is a dream rather than reality. Plus, of course, it is hard to get pork products here.

Back
Top Bottom