Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

Worst film you have ever seen and why?

Trouble is if you spot paul ross on a box or poster you know they couldn't get a good quote from anywhere else.

The best box quote ever was the original korean DVD of biohazard which had a quote saying 'truly terrible' or something. I will see if I can find a picture.

I've seen Chinese pirates which do that but never originals :D :cool:

shit has no redeeming feautures, not even bit that are 'lol look how shit this film is' bits.

I suppose the good thing about Dog Soldiers is that, even though it's basically a B-Movie, it has some quite good bits of dialogue between the characters, like where Sean Pertwee's character talks about his mate getting blown up in the Gulf and his tattoo, or the way they're all talking about wanting to find out the England score, and tehn the film finishes with a newspaper front page saying England 5 germany 1 in huge letters and then 'werewolves ate my squadron' in small print at the bottom.

Really shit films don't even have those little touches...

Boyfriend brought home Shoot Em Up the other day because it was on offer. In the 20 minutes I managed to watch before switching it off the highlight was probably Clive Owen delivering a baby during a shoot out in a warehouse and shooting the umbilical cord instead of cutting it.

A friend of mine really wanted to see Disaster Movie and so I went with her, that was an awful couple of hours.

Similarly A.I and True Romance, just terrible films.

you are wrong about almost everything :p
shoot 'em up is so much fun and ai and true romance are fine films

shoot em up is comedy brillience!

opening scene with nirvanas breed meant i knew i would love it! How many ways can you kill someone with a carrot!:D:D

dave

I had to turn Freddy Got Fingered off and I expect I wasn't the only one. An aquaintence of mine raved about it :(

Ok, I know this is two pages ago but I feel so strongly about how SHIT this film is.

My mate *loves* it.

I don't find scenes of Tom Green wanking a "horseeeeeeeeeeee" off, or beating a disbaled womans legs because it turns her on even remotley funny.

Just disturbing, and awful.

What exactly was the plot of that film?

it's awful alright - though it is funny in parts, esp the horse wanking - c'mon what's not funny about wanking off a horsee?

It's got to be what I saw recently Shrooms. Terrible, I didn't even finish it. Quote from the film "I've just eaten the heroin of mushrooms." Yeah course you have. Fuck sake!

Ooh and I've just remembered a film from the Robin Williams thread: What Dreams May come. Awful sentimental shite of the very worst order.

On telling a yank friend that it got terrible reviews in the UK, his response was "Brits are fucked up.". No, we're just not as receptive to that kind of cloying sentimental wank. :mad:

Crash (the one what won best picture). Possibly the single most patronising film I've ever seen, I learnt more about the complicated issues of race relations from Ebony and Ivory. Toss.

Indeed. The whole 'racism is bad message' was slapped around your face repeatedly for 2 hours like a wet fish. Dire.

Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

Saw this at the cinema. At the bit where Natalie Portman is dying and someone says; "It's as if she's just lost the will to live" some bloke in the audience yells out; "I know how she feels!" and storms out :D

And an honourable mention goes to Fahrenheit 911; OK Mike we get it, this woman is sad that her son died in Iraq. No seriously, we get it, let's move on shall we? Ah, OK, it seems we have to watch her sobbing in front of the white house for another twenty fucking minutes after all. Well, that's a sensitive way to make a point I guess; a really carefully constructed argument you're presenting here. When are we going to cut to scenes of how proud this woman was when they shipped her fucking son out to kill towelheads in the first place? Yeah, thought not.

All Michael Moore stuff's like that - he's proper ham handed about it, which makes it really, really irritating.

All Michael Moore stuff's like that - he's proper ham handed about it, which makes it really, really irritating.

Bowling for Columbine had moments of brilliance (especially Marilyn Manson's bit) in amongst the nonsense, but '911' was just unmitigated bollocks.

Yeah he's proper crash bang whallop. Mark Thomas is vastly better.

Yeah, he makes it genuinely funny to watch horrible shit happen :cool:

Oh dear, I think I have to say it this way, but Moore's methods are as American as the subjects of the documentary. No room for delicacy :(

BFC is worth it for the bank that gives out free guns. Jaw droppingly insane

I found the part where he takes the shooting victims to Kmart and says 'Here's your bullets back' rather tough to watch. That scene did have the effect, IIRC, of causing Kmart to no longer stock ammunition in their stores any more.

That was a pretty powerful scene, IMHO.

My Name Is Bruce - thought it would be fun, camp, Galaxy Quest-ish but, no, it was about as funny as cholera and just as painful

My Name Is Bruce - thought it would be fun, camp, Galaxy Quest-ish but, no, it was about as funny as cholera and just as painful

Not heard of it, so looked it up and indeed it does sound like GQ.

I was well cross when GQ came out because I thought it looked ace and all my trekkie friends were upset that it took the piss out of their favourite show, so said they'd 'wait for the video'. Then I watched it and so wished I'd seen it at the cinema.

Contact. Possibly the biggest waste of three n' odd hours ever.

To summarise. Dogwank

Not heard of it, so looked it up and indeed it does sound like GQ.

I was well cross when GQ came out because I thought it looked ace and all my trekkie friends were upset that it took the piss out of their favourite show, so said they'd 'wait for the video'. Then I watched it and so wished I'd seen it at the cinema.

I was like that with Galaxy Quest, I thought it was going to be crass but was persuaded to see it and I just loved it!

Re: My Name is Bruce - I do still really like Bruce Campbell, he comes across as an amusing, engaging guy and the Evil Dead movies are great as is Bubba Ho Tep but he needed someone to to say "no" at most of the things he has put into MNIB. It needed someone looking over his shoulder to to edit his ideas - though I am not sure that even that would have saved it :(

Back
Top Bottom