Urban75 Home About Offline BrixtonBuzz Contact

World Trade Centre terrorist attacks, 11th September 2001

How the hell could they have gotten the World Trade centers, the State Department and the Pentagon! This is unreal.

I'm completely freaked. Completely. This is the first time I've seen what's essentially an act of war against a major western country.

hijacked 747 in the air on the way to washington, planes scrambled to intercept

Fighter aircraft guarding Washington seems things are settling down now.

Time for wild speculation and bombing the shit out of people I suppose.

"Already talk of Islamic groups. Seems like the lessons of the Oklahoma bombings haven't been learned"

PCS, far far too early to conclude anything for definite, things are still happening as we type, etc., but that little crack is out of place. I agree media should not jump to conclusions, BUT you seem dangerously close to assuming it **isn't** Islamic groups. I don't see too many people on this thread automatically assuming it **is**, but it's got to be at least a possibility.

At the moment all I know is that I'm shit scared.

W of W

W of W

A total disaster. This is going to send the markets crashing. But how were they able to hijack the planes?? How did they get into the cockpits & why did not the security agencies get wind of this??? Also this is also the 31st anniversery of the Black September mid-east terrorist group. Maybe a connection.

there are rumours, and I emphasis they are only rumours, that there are 7 planes in total which are involved. Don't quote me on this one please.

Sorry WoW. Its just that there is a propensity for speculation and people like me usually bear the brunt for it, so I hope you excuse my vested interests.

Mind you, we're all speculating anyhow and it seems (I hope!) that things are settling down now.

All I can say again is - blimey!

FBI, MI5, CIA, Mossad, SIS, satellites, USAF, you have failed us.

much love to american bredren

This is the most horrendous thing I've ever seen in my life!!! All those people!

I'm sitting here in tears. Total shock. What the hell are going to be the world wide repercussions for us all????

Oh fucking hell I'm scared!! This is bound to lead to the bombing of everywhere which isn't "civilised".

Whats you source for that dude? Tank Girl I mean

[ 11 September 2001: Message edited by: Longdog ]

Andy the don.

I was wondering myself if this date has any relevance to a particular group - people like this don't pick dates at random - any other ideas of the importance of 11 Sept ?

Posting from the office in Washington, I'm not sure what to say -- folks are, unsurprisingly, in a panic. My office is in a commcercial area without many government buildings.

I'm okay, but unable to make any phone calls to family and friends in Manhattan or overseas.

Telephone lines are jammed. Cellphones are not working.

What I understand from the news is as follows:

*both WTC towers have collapsed (over 50,000 people work there each day -- the number of casualties and injuries must is unimaginable to me right now)

*car bomb near the State Dept

*Washington Mall explosion

*Pentagon explosion

*another hijacked plane is reportedly heading towards DC

People in lower Manhattan are being urged to leave, which must be close to impossible since most avenues to outlying areas of the city and surrounding states are closed off.

No one has claimed responsibility for the attacks.

We're all watching CNN non-stop here. I'll check in later.

It think Mike ought to temporarily shut down the rest of the forums; we need the space for all the replies being generated here.

Everything else is insignificant now.

"It think Mike ought to temporarily shut down the rest of the forums; we need the space for all the replies being generated here.
Everything else is insignificant now."

Yeah ; but there are also , understandably , a lot of unsubstantiated reports and blaming going on within these threads...

There's a plane down near Camp David. Bush's retreat. Peace accord was supposed to be signed today between Palestine and Israel. Some significance.

D: I hope you are safe. My thoughts are with you.

Back
Top Bottom