Scottish independence?

• Yes please

Votes: 99 56.6%
  • No thanks

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Dont know yet

Votes: 17 9.7%

• Total voters
I still don't. Have they changed their methodology? We get slight movement to no, slight movement to no, massive jump.
They don't show any movement you say this is a problem. They show movement this is another point against them. Seriously, you don't care what the polls say or how they reach their polls. Getting silly.

They don't show any movement you say this is a problem. They show movement this is another point against them. Seriously, you don't care what the polls say or how they reach their polls. Getting silly.

What are you talking about? They have a strata called 'passionate nats' (people who voted for SNP in 2011 and before) that is the main thrust of the critique, they also show less Labour supporters voting Yes than other pollsters. I don't like their methodology and I want to know if this jump is due to a methodological change (if it is not, that would be very surprising indeed). They have been under the spotlight from a load of pollsters, even worse since Kellner criticised Survation.

This is not just me.

http://blog.whatscotlandthinks.org/2014/07/who-is-right-yougov-or-survation/

In light of the issues, not just from the influential DairyQueen, I wonder if they have changed their methodology.

What am i talking about? You said that you don't trust YG because it doesn't show any variation. Now it shows variation and this is a reason not to trust them.

I told you at the beginning of this, that my problem with YouGov are methodological, and I have a suspicion - with little foundation - they could be fudging results.

BvRw8gDCcAAH3Q5.jpg:large

Not saying they haven't done their research, but I can't see a retweeter called Yvonne Hama there:

It's possible she's subsequently undone the RT, of course.

Also, are you sure she RTed in agreement? Not all RTs are endorsements.

Furthermore, what is the account she's supposed to have RTed this from? Is it discontinued?

Not saying they haven't done their research, but I can't see a retweeter called Yvonne Hama there:

It's possible she's subsequently undone the RT, of course.

Also, are you sure she RTed in agreement? Not all RTs are endorsements.

Furthermore, what is the account she's supposed to have RTed this from? Is it discontinued?

This is her Danny, I think it's legit tbh

https://twitter.com/yvonneh82

Capture2.JPG
Capture.JPG

Better Together have deleted that tweet by the way - it was there last night because someone in my timeline retweeted it - but it's gone now.

What's the relevance of all this to the referendum? Can't we do better than smear tactics?

More laughing at the complete fucking ineptitude of Better Together's campaign tactics tbh. They can't even be bothered to do some very basic background research on people they invite to share a platform (literally) with Alasdair Darling? Numpties.

What's the relevance of all this to the referendum? Can't we do better than smear tactics?
imo, it is very relevant wrt the mindset and other political leanings of people chosen to represent one of the campaigns

please please don't ruin this thread with your contrary nitpicking and misplaced holier than thou moralising
thanks

More laughing at the complete fucking ineptitude of Better Together's campaign tactics tbh. They can't even be bothered to do some very basic background research on people they invite to share a platform (literally) with Alasdair Darling? Numpties.
I can see they've been really poor all the way from bristol - god knows how they've rubbed people up the wrong way inn Scotland. every intervention has been terrible. The best you can say for it is that aprt from two spurts they've not really bothered (agai, as seen from bristol but following pretty closely), relying instead on the vote just not dropping enough. AV YES were worse as they were sticking their nose in everywhere.

imo, it is very relevant wrt the mindset and other political leanings of people chosen to represent one of the campaigns

The "Better Together" campaign messed up doing their background research on someone. This doesn't mean they condone her sectarian views and suggesting they do is just smear tactics.

It's also of no relevance to the question of whether people should vote yes or no. I'm sure a bit of digging could reveal some unpleasantness amongst some "Yes" proponents too.

It's also of no relevance to the question of whether people should vote yes or no. I'm sure a bit of digging could reveal some unpleasantness amongst some "Yes" proponents too.

Plenty. Quite a few instances of SNP unpleasantness were documented in C4's Despatches recently.

So I was just talking to my mum on the phone and I asked about the "wee wifey" issue.

She said if she was referred to as a "wee wifey" then yes she would be miffed and her lip would curl. This was her immediate response to my question; it seemed not be the first time she has considered the matter.

She said she would equate it with being called a "little woman" and the sexist undertones of that.

I asked if it would make a difference if it was another woman using it. She said yes, if used amongst friends with a sense of irony.

She said that it's mainly the addition of the "wee" that she would take umbrage with. The word "wifey" in itself not necessarily being problematic although she commented that it had class implications - you wouldn't use it to refer to the doctor's wife, for example.

She said she wouldn't particularly take it in an ageist way, although I feel it is sometimes used like that.

So there you go.

Back
Top Bottom